Violence in the firehall

We all know anyone involved in the firefighting and rescue community is no stranger to stress...
FitSsikS

Postby FitSsikS » Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:11 pm

"FLASHOVER05" wrote:Not sure if anyone is aware of One Firefighter shooting another at the firehall, both were on the same shift and were drunk to boot!

I tried finding it on Firehouse.com but couldn't find the story... can anyone relay it?????

Here you go:

*click*

And IMO this incident (which I have posted before) takes the cake.

More from Firehouse
Last edited by FitSsikS on Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
On paid duty 24/7........................a month.

firevet

stand firm on the bully thing

Postby firevet » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:08 pm

Bully happens....in professional iaff or otherwise service. Been there done that seen it...also been on the recieving end....not nice...but it happens....civil code...just because your in the f.d. does not mean you cannot file a charge...to clear your name...in Canadian Law......he who does not do what he needs to do to clear his good name is in fact guilty of the crime if he does not...so...wear it...or deal with it....others do...you need to as well..

if your union then call an honors complaint and file with your union...or swear a complaint with a j.p. or have him hauled into court and post a peace bond...you have options talk it out with a legal type....

contact me at [email protected]

luck...

s. pennington ex iaff 26 year career firefighter

PFD023

Postby PFD023 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:41 pm

"FitSsikS" wrote:Here you go:

*click*

And IMO this incident (which I have posted before) takes the cake.

More from Firehouse

The guy who got hit with the chair was 6'8" over 300pnds....must have been a helluva chair he hit him with!

FitSsikS

Postby FitSsikS » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:19 pm

STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. -- Nearly five years after being brutally beaten with a metal chair by a comrade in a Tottenville firehouse on New Year's Eve, a former firefighter will find out if his injuries are worth the $100 million he seeks.
Robert Walsh, 45, alleges he suffered "permanent injuries," including facial and skull fractures and memory loss at Michael Silvestri's hands in Engine Co. 151/Ladder Co. 76 firehouse on Amboy Road on Dec. 31, 2003. Several firefighters, including Walsh, had been drinking.

Click for story > Staten Island Advance Top News

PFD023

Postby PFD023 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:34 pm

"FitSsikS" wrote:Click for story > Staten Island Advance Top News

The assailant was mixing Sangria and the victim drinking beer.....maybe there is more to this twisted story than there appears to be.
If you are gonna hit someone that big with a chair you better make sure he doesn't get up!
The city is probably wishing he never got up as well.....$100 million thats alot of cash....the Capt. admits to breaking up at least 5 fights in the same year/same firehouse....now that's leadership!!!

firefighter26

Postby firefighter26 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:55 pm

"PFD023" wrote:the Capt. admits to breaking up at least 5 fights in the same year/same firehouse....now that's leadership!!!

What I don't understand is that the judge ruled that the captain, who was present in the kitchen at the time of the attack, "failed to exercise reasonable care to control a subordinate." Yet, the article goes on to mention that the captain had come off duty earlier in the evening.

Where was the officer that replaced him while all this was going on?
Does the judge's ruling mean that officers are responsible for baby-sitting their crews even when they are off duty?

There seems to be a lot about the entire situation that doesn't seem right....
"No one ever called the fire department for doing something smart"
- Unknown

"If you don't like what you see, Why don't you fight it?
If you know there's something wrong, Why don't you right it?"
- Trooper

PFD023

Postby PFD023 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:13 pm

"firefighter26" wrote:What I don't understand is that the judge ruled that the captain, who was present in the kitchen at the time of the attack, "failed to exercise reasonable care to control a subordinate." Yet, the article goes on to mention that the captain had come off duty earlier in the evening.

Where was the officer that replaced him while all this was going on?
Does the judge's ruling mean that officers are responsible for baby-sitting their crews even when they are off duty?

There seems to be a lot about the entire situation that doesn't seem right....

Not sure what the legal ramifications are regarding someone who holds a position of a supervisor in a workplace.....and witnesses an incident like this in their workplace....regardless if they are on or off duty.
Then they fail to try to hide it.....

FitSsikS

Postby FitSsikS » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:56 pm

"PFD023" wrote:The guy who got hit with the chair was 6'8" over 300pnds....must have been a helluva chair he hit him with!

If I remember correctly the big guy quietly sat and took a crap load of gay slurs from Michael Silvestri. I believe this had happened many times before.
When Walsh countered with a comment regarding Silvestri alleged abuse of FDNY's work replacement system* Silvetri lost it.

*Silvestri's excessive overtime
Last edited by FitSsikS on Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cael

Postby Cael » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:49 am

I was assaulted by an off responsibility co-worker who I had requested to talk with over his discomfort over an inner e-mail that I sent. The e-mail was to complete on a few factors that I had discovered over the few days that required to be joined to by the responsibility team operating during the weeks time.

gym memphis
Last edited by Cael on Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

telesquirt

Postby telesquirt » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:48 pm

[quote=""Cael""] The e-mail was to complete on a few factors that I had discovered over the few days that required to be joined to by the responsibility team operating during the weeks time.

gym memphis[/quote]

I read this 3 times trying to figure it out, my head started to hurt and I had to go lay down for a while.

:confused:
"This is my swing set, and this is my sandbox. Thats where I saw the Leprechaun........ He tells me to burn things."

---Ralphie Wiggums