Suicide

We all know anyone involved in the firefighting and rescue community is no stranger to stress...
BigDawg99

Postby BigDawg99 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:38 pm

i basically think that is just something that i wanted to talk about..vent a little bit..

FireChef

Postby FireChef » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:49 pm

First of all, my deepest condolences BigDawg, what a shame that she couldnt talk to someone about what was happening. Secondly, there is absoutley nothing wrong with venting about something that has happened, sometimes its one of the best things to do, its almost like a relief. Glad to hear that you guys talked about it.

Keep Strong!!
can't dance and too fat to fly

wilderness

Postby wilderness » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:30 am

I,ve been there, and lost 3 very close friends, two being brothers... I have felt some of the pain you are feeling, and i,m sure your feeling other pain i have never felt,in time it will get better, i hope you find comfort in these few words.. keep strong others will need you...

[align=center:2jsip9q8]Lets Be damned Sure[/size:2jsip9q8][/align:2jsip9q8]
[align=center:2jsip9q8]That No Man's Ghost[/size:2jsip9q8][/align:2jsip9q8]
[align=center:2jsip9q8]Will Ever Say[/size:2jsip9q8][/align:2jsip9q8]
[align=center:2jsip9q8][color=red:2jsip9q8]"If Your Training Program[/color:2jsip9q8][/size:2jsip9q8][/align:2jsip9q8]
[align=center:2jsip9q8][color=red:2jsip9q8]Had Only Done It's Job"[/color:2jsip9q8][/size:2jsip9q8][/align:2jsip9q8]

Punctualdeer

Postby Punctualdeer » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:50 am

I think it's the worst thing it could happent on our job to find a famally relation on a scene. Thake care body. So sorry for you and famally.

ndvfd_ff33

Postby ndvfd_ff33 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:34 pm

Sorry to hear about your loss Dawg. That is something nobody should ever have to go through. You have come to a good spot, with people who can try and help you out or lead you in the right direction to get help.

BigDawg99

Postby BigDawg99 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:47 pm

thanks everyone for them kind words..it means alot
Certified Firefighter level 2
Auto Extrication Certified

All certified through Maritime FireFighter School

iamvff

Postby iamvff » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:14 am

"BigDawg99" wrote:thanks everyone for them kind words..it means alot

I haven't posted for a while, but I feel that this is such an important topic. Depression is such a nasty disease, it can affect anyone at any age. Contrary to popular opinion, it is not a mental illness, it is a chemical imballance in your brain. For anyone out there who thinks that they may be suffering from depression, or if you are not sure but your world just seems really screwed up and you don't know why, I am telling you to take every ounce on strenght you have, and seek help. This disease screws your mind up so bad that it makes yo think that even just an ordinary every day thought, seem like to end of the world. It has killed people, ruined marriages, ruined relationships, ruined good quality people and the list goes on and on. If you have never suffered from depression, you can't even begin to imagine what it is like to think that the whole world is against you. I have talked to many many people that have had depresiioon and been cured from it, and I am amazed at how similar ALL of the stories are. The sad part of depression is that it can so eeasilly be fixed. The hardest part is to find the right medication that works for you, once you have found it, the world is yours. I know this sounds like I am preaching, but for those of you on here that know me, you know I am not like that. I firmly believe that depression is the ultimate cause of every suicide or attempted suicide out there. I post this so that if anyone out there happens to read it, and it helps them to realize what it is they are suffering from and that by just reaching out to their doctor or supportive family or friend, it can be cured (quickly) and their quality of life will increase to unimaginable proportions. Then this post was worth the efforts. I am sorry for your loss. If you ever want to talk about depression don't hesitate to send a message to me. I have lost many things because of it, almost my life....I am a survivor....i've been there!!!

iamvff
"You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink...BUT...if you hold it's head under long enough, it has to take a gulp sooner or later!" iamvff - 2010

firenoob

Postby firenoob » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:10 pm

BigDawg, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. My heart broke when I read your post, what a horrible thing to go through.

As someone posted earlier, its really important to debrief and be emotionally self-aware at a time like this. As rational a person as you may be, things like this defy rational explanation or conventional time-heals-all approaches. I hate to say it but you will be dealing with this personally and in your family for the rest of your life. This can eat at you slowly if you don't meet those issues at the door and properly compartmentalize them. The fact that you're able to post about it indicates to me you're not one to bottle this sort of thing, which is to your credit and maintaining your mental and emotional health.

FFChick

Postby FFChick » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:49 am

No matter what, words can not explain how much pain it would be to expirence this. Nobody should ever have to deal with this situation. I dealt with a loss similer to this two years ago, so i can understand a little of your pain, but it affects all of us in diffrent ways. My thoughts and prayers from myself, and my Fire Dept. are sent to you and your family.

**Kate**
Live life to your fullest...you only live once!

joey84

Postby joey84 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:48 am

God Bless.. My thoughts are with you..