Scuba Diving Vacations

Need a break from it all? Get travel recommendations & tips from fellow globetrotting-emergency service members...
LTPVFD

Scuba Diving Vacations

Postby LTPVFD » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:20 am

For those who are scuba diving afficiondo's, and are looking for a good warm water destination, take a look at Scuba Club Cozumel. :top:

Scuba Club is a dedicated dive resort. Rooms are clean, meals are excellent, staff are very friendly, and the diving is great. Two boat dives per day, and all the shore diving you want. Extra boat dives can be arranged at minimal cost.

Check out their website at http://www.scubaclubcozumel.com if you want more information. I was there in January 2009, and am headed back in January 2011. You can also PM me if you want more information.

Stay safe !!

LTPVFD
Safety First - EVERYONE Goes Home !!

GHFD16

Postby GHFD16 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:45 pm

It has been quite a few years since I was there, but Chankanaab Park on Cozumel is great for diving. I snorkled in the lagoon several times, and did a shore dive. The water on the shore dive was 25-30 feet, and there was a fresh water cave you could go partially into.
We didn't stay on the island, we took the ferry across from Playa Del Carmen. We stayed at a resort in near Akumal. We did 6 boat dives and a night dive from the resort. It was absolutely awesome scuba diving at both locations, much better than Lake Simcoe.......

Wish I could join you this year, but Disney for a 6yr old trumps other destinations!

LTPVFD

My Highlight

Postby LTPVFD » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:31 pm

The reefs are great. Usually just drift along with minimal current, watching the wildlife and interacting where possible. The turtles were absolutely awesome. :cool:

The highlight for me was the dive at Devil's Throat. Enter the cave at 100 feet, follow it down, do a 180 degree turn, and near the end about a 90 degree turn. Come out on a wall at 140 feet. :eek: We did the dive twice. Second time we came out, there was a large turtle at the exit point. However, at that depth, we had to start our ascent right away.

Stay safe !!

LTPVFD

jaden

NY Defensive Driving course

Postby jaden » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:48 am

Hello,

Hyundai Cars in India have managed to secure very skilled research personnel to create new technologies. Hyundai Car has focus on future-oriented automobiles and improvised products, ideally suited to various regions. Hyundai India has also been a pioneer in manufacturing family oriented small cars well suited for the Indian roads. Eco friendly cars and hybrid beauties are soon going to be a reality at Hyundai India.

Thanks..
nysponline.com
Last edited by jaden on Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Emma89

Postby Emma89 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:09 am

Taking into account airfare, lodgeing, local economy, etc., what are some good dive vacation destinations in Florida or the Caribbean region that are inexpensive? My girlfriend does not dive, so I would be looking for places that have good topside adventures, shopping, events, etc. for a non-diver. I believe Cozumel has been suggested to me as well as another location that is slipping my mind ATM. I wish I could remember what destination it was, but it was recommended to me because it had great morning dives that would allow my girlfriend and I to spend the afternoons and evenings together. I also am a member of AAA, so I will be checking with them on possible discounts. Please post your suggestions and feedback on the diving and what to do topside.

LTPVFD

Cozumel - Things to Do

Postby LTPVFD » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:12 am

After the morning dives at Scuba Club, you could do afternoon and evening shore dives. If you did not want to dive, you could walk into San Miguel - about a 10 minute walk. Lots of shopping to do, just stay off the main street and you will avoid all the hard core sellers. ;)

If you wanted to tour the island, the cost to rent a scooter was very affordable. On my last trip we lost a couple of days diving to high winds. One day we all rented scooters, and toured all the bars on the island :D Some great beaches on the island as well, and other historical sites.

Playa del Carmen is only a short and inexpensive ferry ride away. Lots of shopping and a fun day trip from Cozumel.

If you are into Mayan ruins and history, there are several locations on Cozumel you can go. There are also side trips available to Coba, Tulum, and Chichen-Itza. Very interesting history. The trip to Chichen-Itza is an all day trip. Several stops along the way, including at least one cenote where you can go for a swim. As these are all tourist areas, expect to be inundated with people trying to sell their wares. Only disconcerting thing to me was a lot of the people used children to try and sell their things. The kids should have been in school, and not hawking souvenirs. :(

I was in Cozumel in January 2011, and am hoping to go in February 2012. If I could just find a dive partner who wanted to spend 10 days there......

PM me is you have any questions, and I will try and help !!

Stay safe !!

LTPVFD

Rescue78

Postby Rescue78 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:35 pm

LTPVFD - I was there in January 2011 as well (Jan 9th to 16th), and the port was closed for two days because of the wind. We might have been there at the same time.

I am going to Roatan, Honduras this year.
Most people train until they do it right.
Professionals train until they can't do it wrong.

kriand

Postby kriand » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:55 pm

[quote=""Rescue78""]LTPVFD - I was there in January 2011 as well (Jan 9th to 16th), and the port was closed for two days because of the wind. We might have been there at the same time.

I am going to Roatan, Honduras this year.[/quote]

Just got back from there, well a day anyways, as part of a cruise.

LTPVFD

Scuba Club Cozumel

Postby LTPVFD » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:26 pm

[quote=""Rescue78""]LTPVFD - I was there in January 2011 as well (Jan 9th to 16th), and the port was closed for two days because of the wind. We might have been there at the same time.

I am going to Roatan, Honduras this year.[/quote]

Were you in Cozumel in general, or Scuba Club in particular ??

I was at Scuba Club from the 7th to the 17th. We lost the 2 days to the wind, but I did learn how to ride a scooter and bar hop around the whole island. :D Even had a couple of pints at Margaritaville. ;)

Trying to get back there again real soon !!

Let me know where you are staying in Roatan and how it works out.

Stay safe !!

LTPVFD

Rescue78

Postby Rescue78 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:51 pm

I was at Occidental Grand.

This year in Roatan, I am staying at Foster's. Two couples renting a house right on the beach in West Bay. The dive shop is 100 meters away.
Most people train until they do it right.
Professionals train until they can't do it wrong.