Custom IAFF Union Stickers

Union and union related discussion.
Tahoe_Skier

Postby Tahoe_Skier » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:20 pm

Hi all,

I have been searching the web looking for a company that will custom make the traditional IAFF Union Decal. I have been to oregonfire.com and uniondeacals.com, but not quite what we are looking for. My union is looking to modify the standard with our name in it and our local number. Can anyone help in a company that does this!?

Thanks

BillyBlazes

Postby BillyBlazes » Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:05 pm

Toronto Fire has custom "union" window decals. Contact Toronto Local 3888 for info. My station also had custom window decals of our station patch made as well.

foamboy

Postby foamboy » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:40 am

Pacific Reflex Signs in Oregon should be able to help whether with a completely custom decal or a modified one. The logo, if you are using the IAFF one, is likely copyright protected so you will likely need IAFF permission. And the IAFF office may be able to help with the name of the printer that makes their decals. Contact me directly for the website for Pacific Reflex aka Firefly Signs - it's being blocked from my reply. If you do a search for Firefly Signs it should come up though
[email protected]

web-chief

Postby web-chief » Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:12 pm

"foamboy" wrote: The logo, if you are using the IAFF one, is likely copyright protected so you will likely need IAFF permission.

Just for your information I have done some research on the use of the IAFF logo when we were making products for a few locals. There are strict guidelines for use and set policy for reproduction or modification. I do know that any local executive can use the logo unmodified for union purposes. As for modifications you will want to refer to the policy guidelines. Here is an excerpt from iaff.org;

"IAFF affiliates frequently inquire about use of the IAFF logo. Here's what you need to know:

The IAFF logo is the property of the IAFF and protected by registered trademark. IAFF affiliates have permission to use the IAFF logo for official union purposes (business cards, letterhead, etc.) without prior approval from the Executive Board. Approval by the IAFF is required for all persons, vendors, businesses, IAFF affiliates and other entities seeking use of the logo."

As for modification they continue with;

"In addition, the IAFF Executive Board has issued new guidelines to ensure consistent and proper reproduction of the IAFF logo across the entire International. Please review the IAFF logo style guide and follow it when producing all future materials bearing the IAFF logo. High-resolution reproduction of the official IAFF logo is available to affiliate officers through the IAFF web site (requires log-in)."

Unfortunately the links to the policy guidelines are not working so you will want to contact the IAFF office. They list the following as the contact;

(202) 824-1588 or email: [email protected].

I am sure they should know of a shop or two but I am sure any decal company can make them given the right artwork.

I hope this helps.

Pumpher

Traditional stickers

Postby Pumpher » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:50 pm

Where can you buy the traditional red black and white IAFF decals? The online store on IAFF.org doesnt have the traditional ones.. I heard the IAFF office in Ottawa might have them but i was unsure of how to contact them and order them?

Profire

Postby Profire » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:55 pm

The Canadian Office still has some I ordered several hundred a while back
Professional Union Firefighter and proud of it![sigpic][/sigpic]

Profire

Postby Profire » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:57 pm

By the way, private printing of IAFF stickers is how we got in this mess in the first place
Professional Union Firefighter and proud of it![sigpic][/sigpic]

jwaller

holla

Postby jwaller » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:55 am

Why don't you just copy the design you want and send it over to customstickers.us. Just see what they have to offer as they proved in handy when i wanted some customized stickies.

3rdGen

Postby 3rdGen » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:59 am

If you have exhausted the IAFF route I guess you have no choice. The IAFF is really good at answering inquiries through their website.

Remember IAFF merchandise subsidizes our dues and allows the international to do more while taking less from us per capita.
"You can't be wrong for doing the right thing"

infernobuster

Postby infernobuster » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:00 pm

[quote=""jwaller""]Why don't you just copy the design you want and send it over to customstickers.us. Just see what they have to offer as they proved in handy when i wanted some customized stickies.[/quote]

Anyone remember a few years back someone selling the IAFF stickers on ebay?

That person was caught and fined.
All men are created equal, a few become fire fighters.