two hatters

Union and union related discussion.
dentedhead

two hatters

Postby dentedhead » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:39 pm

Okay boys and girls its that time of year again.It was the georgina hiring that made me decide to see what the deal is.I am not out too troll to lay charges I am just interested to see what the numbers are like.Generally I am not bothered by guys/gals two hatting in a community that has no chance of and will never go FT or composite or have another career dept commissioned in your area.

I don't want to see any fights start and unless you are truly a two hatter please don't stir the pot.If you want just say yes or no if you want to add distance from FT gig to where you live etc its all good....strange for me to say that but I don't want anyone to think it is a witch hunt it is not.I am doing this purely out of curiosity....Thanks

Dentedhead
Thousand a week for hide and seek on call when Im paid to be.

someday

Postby someday » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:33 pm

[quote=""dentedhead""]Okay boys and girls its that time of year again.It was the georgina hiring that made me decide to see what the deal is.I am not out too troll to lay charges I am just interested to see what the numbers are like.Generally I am not bothered by guys/gals two hatting in a community that has no chance of and will never go FT or composite or have another career dept commissioned in your area.

I don't want to see any fights start and unless you are truly a two hatter please don't stir the pot.If you want just say yes or no if you want to add distance from FT gig to where you live etc its all good....strange for me to say that but I don't want anyone to think it is a witch hunt it is not.I am doing this purely out of curiosity....Thanks

Dentedhead[/quote]

shouldnt u start a pole..., i mean a poll about it. then people can just click on it and its easier to see the results

braidjansen

Two Hatting

Postby braidjansen » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:08 pm

This will be interesting.

My sense of two hatters is that they just want to be left alone and thus will not respond to your request. The radicals on both sides of the issue (you know, the full time union types and volunteers who just like to scream at each other, most of whom aren't two hatters)...well if a thread on green lights can degenerate into name calling then I'm not sure what opening this can of worms will lead to. I hope I'm wrong. It would be nice to have a reasoned discussion on this issue.

Watching with interest.

A poll would probably get the results that you want.

Profire

Postby Profire » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:22 pm

THEY know who they are, and they should be ashamed of themselves
Professional Union Firefighter and proud of it![sigpic][/sigpic]

dentedhead

Postby dentedhead » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:30 pm

[quote=""Profire""]THEY know who they are, and they should be ashamed of themselves[/quote]

I know where you are coming from big chap but was hoping it wouldn't take this route.

Dentedhead
Thousand a week for hide and seek on call when Im paid to be.

infernobuster

Postby infernobuster » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:33 pm

[quote=""Profire""]THEY know who they are, and they should be ashamed of themselves[/quote]

I disagree with your comment. Why should they be ashamed ?

They probably work in a small community where there will never be a full time station ever. Thats where most two hatters end up IMO.

They town relys on their skills/experiences for the residents of that town.
I think its kinda sad guys get fired up over the "two hatter" issue.

I know this topic will bring a shit storm no doubt.
All men are created equal, a few become fire fighters.

irsqyu

Postby irsqyu » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:36 pm

Hey I'm a two hatter now, a nice Tilley for the warm vacations and a nice toque for the winter and Alaska type vacations. Retirement is awesome :D
"The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work."

KnowsBothSides

Postby KnowsBothSides » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:08 pm

[quote=""infernobuster""]I disagree with your comment. Why should they be ashamed ?

They probably work in a small community where there will never be a full time station ever. Thats where most two hatters end up IMO.

I know this topic will bring a shit storm no doubt.[/quote]

Not sure you are going to be able to "bust" the "inferno" you may have just started.

guitarmedic87

Postby guitarmedic87 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:25 pm

[quote=""infernobuster""]I disagree with your comment. Why should they be ashamed ?

I know this topic will bring a shit storm no doubt.[/quote]

I too agree with inferno, I can understand if the community has a fulltime dept, or is assisted by a career department I get where the unions are coming from, but if these so called two hatters are on a departments that are hours away from the closest career department it seems crazy that the union would give these
individuals a hard time. The skills, experience and teaching opportunities that these people have is invaluable to the smaller departments. Unions should be proud that these individuals are willing to share their knowledge and hopefully make things safer for everyone through the experience they gained while at their careers.

nocomment

Postby nocomment » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:12 am

Like has already been stated. Two Hatting on a small rural Volly FD with no chance of going Professional or Composite fill yer boots. If they are composite already or have a shot of Career Firefighters then absolutely not and the IAFF should be notified......