Just then my pager goes off...

daveb

Just then my pager goes off...

Postby daveb » Fri May 19, 2006 1:59 pm

Not sure if this is new or has been beaten to death. Where were you when your pager went off. Let's hear the funny, embarasing, wierd & worst places and times your pager has gone off. Mine with out a doubt was my Mother-In-Laws funeral. Yes I know it was a bad scene, I couldn't get my hand to the on/off button fast enough. I always turn it of at an event like that, but i guess i just forgot that once. Best times are running out of the grocery store leaving a shopping cart full and yelling "I'll be back". So lets here them...

Brandon

Postby Brandon » Fri May 19, 2006 2:20 pm

Nothing too major, but leaving the wife at the grocery store with an armful of groceries is not a good scene either. When they walk home in the rain of heat, its even worse. Then when you suggest what they "could" have done, my god..... maybe at the mother-in-laws funeral isnt so bad....lol

iamvff

Postby iamvff » Fri May 19, 2006 2:23 pm

WHILE I WAS SWEEPING OUT THE FIREHALL!!! And I had to miss the call :eek:

I was parked in front of the doors of the hall, had all of the overheads open, nice summer day. Set my pager on my locker, and turned up the stereo in the hall. Started sweeping the floors, and the next thing I know there are guys coming in from all directions! I didn't hear the page because of the music. :o By the time I realized what was going on, moved my truck, and got to my locker....there were already enough guys geared up and in the vehicles ready to go. I stood and watched them drivve down the street....no very impressed with myself, I might add!

Other place:
- Driving past the front doors of the hall
- in restraunts
- in the shower
- 5 miles from town (again..watched the trucks drive away)
- While I was at DFC Smashes house! Biggest house fire in town in 15 years!
- golf course....lots

iamvff :)
"You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink...BUT...if you hold it's head under long enough, it has to take a gulp sooner or later!" iamvff - 2010

wilderness

Postby wilderness » Fri May 19, 2006 3:06 pm

got you all beat, bring my wife to the hospital for the birth of our daughter, and i,m at work and the pager goes off as i,m driving home to pick her up......

phoned from the truck, and she was yelling at me if you miss this birth your a dead man... i went pardon me and the phone went dead...... phoned my mother to pick her up and bring her to the hospital....... Chief says hey aren't you to be going the hospital? yea i said and laughed as i brought the truck to the fire.... I'am so pumped about this birth, i walk into the hospital in bunker pants. Nurse says excuse me sir where are you going, i said to witness the birth of life and she said not in that outfit your not... made me take it all off and have a shower before i got to see my wife, it was a cold welcome from the better half, but we laugh about it now....

[align=center:2jsip9q8]Lets Be damned Sure[/size:2jsip9q8][/align:2jsip9q8]
[align=center:2jsip9q8]That No Man's Ghost[/size:2jsip9q8][/align:2jsip9q8]
[align=center:2jsip9q8]Will Ever Say[/size:2jsip9q8][/align:2jsip9q8]
[align=center:2jsip9q8][color=red:2jsip9q8]"If Your Training Program[/color:2jsip9q8][/size:2jsip9q8][/align:2jsip9q8]
[align=center:2jsip9q8][color=red:2jsip9q8]Had Only Done It's Job"[/color:2jsip9q8][/size:2jsip9q8][/align:2jsip9q8]

red_dog_six

Postby red_dog_six » Fri May 19, 2006 3:09 pm

One of my first calls, sleeping away at night....pager goes off, grab the pager head downstairs, just about outside when I realized that I was without any clothing!!

When you open the door in the dead of winter, let's just say I wasn't a very proud man at that moment!!

My wife watched me head out the bedroom but just laughed.

Back up the stairs to grab the fire gear!!

Just made the trucks!

Now that I have 1 year under my belt........all sorted out!
Andrew Baird
Dutton-Dunwich FD
Ontario, Canada
http://dutton-dunwich.firehallsites.com/

jeffhubb

Postby jeffhubb » Fri May 19, 2006 3:42 pm

red_dog_six wrote:When you open the door in the dead of winter, let's just say I wasn't a very proud man at that moment!!

I didn't think that was just a winter issue for you?????

wilderness

Postby wilderness » Fri May 19, 2006 3:44 pm

jeffhubb wrote:I didn't think that was just a winter issue for you?????

stage fright, perhaps :o

[align=center:2jsip9q8][color=red:2jsip9q8]"If Your Training Program[/color:2jsip9q8][/size:2jsip9q8][/align:2jsip9q8]
[align=center:2jsip9q8][color=red:2jsip9q8]Had Only Done It's Job"[/color:2jsip9q8][/size:2jsip9q8][/align:2jsip9q8]

Roadwarrior

Postby Roadwarrior » Fri May 19, 2006 3:46 pm

In the middle of a ...ahem....intimate moment. :D
"Do I finish or do I go, do I finish or do I go...."
Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

five_alarm

Postby five_alarm » Fri May 19, 2006 3:52 pm

daveb wrote:Not sure if this is new or has been beaten to death

So I thought for sure this had been done but after a thorough search, I guess not. I did find these other threads that are kinda sorta similar.

Pager Poll: What side do you wear you pager on?
Worst hour to get a call: Just wondering what hour of the night is worst for you?
What Kind Of Pagers Do Yahs Use: Doin a lil survey to see what most depts use for Fire Pagers
Pagers: Where does your pager sit at home when you're not wearing it?
minitor 2 static problem: Wondering if anyone has a problem with any static on thier pager

No really, I have nothing better to do.
F_A

wilderness

Postby wilderness » Fri May 19, 2006 3:57 pm

sarcasim, is so becomming of you.... i'll go to my corner