Just then my pager goes off...

Rivard17_343

well....

Postby Rivard17_343 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:12 pm

I was having supper one night and my pager went off for a call 1/2 mile north up the road from me at a welding yard. Being a member of a small department, having no bunkers or air pack in my pick up, and living closest to the hall (1/2 mile south from the fire call) I decided to go and get the pumper rolling so we had equipment and the others can start attacking the fire sooner instead of going to the hall.

The fire turned out to be a dumpster burning and was extinguished quickly, but my dad still says joking to guys at work and family " The fire was up the road and he goes the other way instead! what a guy!"
Bustin' ours...savin' yours.

Al Rivard
Firefighter
Norfolk County
Fire & Rescue Service

JGallagher

Postby JGallagher » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:37 pm

My worst has to be a "loving moment" as well. Call was for a MVA with a person trapped. They had hit a moose. Well needless to say she was not all that happy that I left her. From the time of the call to being dressed and out the door was about 45 sec. Wost part about that was that I came back looking for more.

Also one time when I was going to dinner. I was all dressed up with the same girl friend and I just happen to look over and what do I see? I see smoke comming from a nice size grass fire so I called it in. She was not happy that we stopped.

FitSsikS

Postby FitSsikS » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:55 pm

JGallagher wrote:Worst part about that was that I came back looking for more.

Firstly.......don't bring your partner's feelings into this!!

Secondly, that happened to me once (getting interrupted) and when I got back I had lost my place in the magazine.
On paid duty 24/7........................a month.

kriand

Postby kriand » Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:28 pm

FitSsikS wrote:Firstly.......don't bring your partner's feelings into this!!

Secondly, that happened to me once (getting interrupted) and when I got back I had lost my place in the magazine.

At least you still had your magazine......they stole mine.

JGallagher

Postby JGallagher » Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:19 pm

:p
kriand wrote:At least you still had your magazine......they stole mine.

Are you still using the sears catologe.

smoke286

Postby smoke286 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:10 am

Better Farms and Tractors

The centerfolds are "da bomb"
24/7, as long as the city can afford the O/T

Fireguy999

Postby Fireguy999 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:51 am

JGallagher wrote:My worst has to be a "loving moment" as well. Call was for a MVA with a person trapped. They had hit a moose. Well needless to say she was not all that happy that I left her. From the time of the call to being dressed and out the door was about 45 sec. Wost part about that was that I came back looking for more.

That's pretty good that the doll stayed inflated that long.

JGallagher

Postby JGallagher » Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:05 pm

Fireguy999 wrote:That's pretty good that the doll stayed inflated that long.

I had to infalte her some more, but at least I am not paying by the hour!! :p

dentedhead

Postby dentedhead » Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:31 pm

JGallagher wrote:I had to infalte her some more, but at least I am not paying by the hour!! :p

.....and only using 1/60th of it. :o

Dentedhead
Thousand a week for hide and seek on call when Im paid to be.

iamvff

Postby iamvff » Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:29 pm

Back to topic, cuase what I wold like to add...I can't!

My 13 year old was asking all day yesterday and Friday to go golfing. I kept saying in a bit, in a bit. we finally got out there about 6 last night and didn't make the first green when my pager went and I spent the next 5 hours at a mutual aid call! When my pager went, he just rolled his eyes and in an "Oh, great" voice said...give me your clubs, see you later. No worries though. When this happens I always make it up to them, and it is usually better than the original plans.

iamvff
"You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink...BUT...if you hold it's head under long enough, it has to take a gulp sooner or later!" iamvff - 2010