Postby Vigiles » Wed May 27, 2015 5:37 am

[quote=""infernobuster""]You can update Brampton, as closed now.[/quote]

I already have. :)

Vigiles

Flash_Over

Can anyone help?

Postby Flash_Over » Fri May 29, 2015 12:10 am

Hello Everyone,

I just wrote Vaughan's Aptitude Test earlier this month and scored a 68%. I just started applying after my obtaining my pre-service last April and Vaughan was the 5th test that I've written.

My issue is this:
Although I have studied for each of these tests, I have chronically been scoring just under the passing mark. I am using a variety of firefighting prep books such as Firefighter Prep - Canadian Fire Fighting Exams, Barrons Firefighting Candidate Exams and even used Test Ready Pro. I am wondering if there is a book or study method that anyone can suggest to help me better prepare? I full believe I have the capabilities to be a Career Firefighter, just am having a hard time making it through this hurdle.

I appreciate any advice anyone has to offer!

Vigiles

Postby Vigiles » Fri May 29, 2015 12:26 am

[quote=""Flash_Over""]Hello Everyone,

I just wrote Vaughan's Aptitude Test earlier this month and scored a 68%. I just started applying after my obtaining my pre-service last April and Vaughan was the 5th test that I've written.

My issue is this:
Although I have studied for each of these tests, I have chronically been scoring just under the passing mark. I am using a variety of firefighting prep books such as Firefighter Prep - Canadian Fire Fighting Exams, Barrons Firefighting Candidate Exams and even used Test Ready Pro. I am wondering if there is a book or study method that anyone can suggest to help me better prepare? I full believe I have the capabilities to be a Career Firefighter, just am having a hard time making it through this hurdle.

I appreciate any advice anyone has to offer![/quote]

Honestly, all that it takes is practice.

You should have received a section score breakdown of your marks for Vaughan. See what section(s) you're lacking in and focus and those skills. The questions on aptitude tests might be about the subject of firefighting, but at the end of the day they're really just asking general skills of memory, reading comprehension, mathematics, and problem solving, all of which can be studied on the internet in detail FOR FREE.

I own all the firefighter test booklets, but I never rely on only those to study. Self evaluate and focus on the areas you're lacking.

P.S. I see that you're new to Firehall. This is the "Recruitment" forum and deals with the subject of fire department hiring processes. You will find tons of extra advice and help in the "Testing" forum of this website. Please in the future direct your testing questions there. ;)

Vigiles

Flash_Over

Postby Flash_Over » Fri May 29, 2015 12:37 am

Hi Vigiles,

Thanks for your message. You're right I am new to FireHall, and unfortunately am having trouble locating the Testing forum. Any way you could direct me with a link?

Thanks again :)

Vigiles

Postby Vigiles » Fri May 29, 2015 3:58 am

[quote=""Flash_Over""]Hi Vigiles,

Thanks for your message. You're right I am new to FireHall, and unfortunately am having trouble locating the Testing forum. Any way you could direct me with a link?

Thanks again :) [/quote]

Click "Firehall Forum" on the left hand menu.
Scroll down to "Education & Training".
Click on "Accreditation, College, Courses, and Testing".

You can also you the "Search function" on the left hand menu.

Vigiles

GFire15

Dofasco Fire

Postby GFire15 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:14 am

Dofasco Fire Department in Hamilton is hiring a few in the near future.

VFRS_Recruiters

Vancouver Fire & Rescue Service Hiring 2015

Postby VFRS_Recruiters » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:21 pm

[quote=""TD2839""]Anyone hear any rumours or have information on any departments opening up in the near future?[/quote]

VF&RS are accepting application packages for our 2015/16 hiring process from August 4th - 18th go to vancouver.ca/firejobs for more information.

siegz

Postby siegz » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:34 pm

Are there any Ontario updates for up coming recruitments? I'm hunger to apply lol

Vigiles

Postby Vigiles » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:20 pm

[quote=""siegz""]Are there any Ontario updates for up coming recruitments? I'm hunger to apply lol[/quote]

Nothing new for Ontario that I know of since I made my update May 26th on this thread.

Vigiles

Ersser

Postby Ersser » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:59 pm