Best Paramedic College? Humber vs. Conestoga?

dreiter

Best Paramedic College? Humber vs. Conestoga?

Postby dreiter » Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:47 pm

I have been accepted to both Humber and Conestoga's Paramedic program for Sept 2017. I'm struggling to decide which program would be the best choice.

I've read so much about Humber College having a great reputation, however in touring both colleges, it almost seemed that Conestoga's facilities were better equipped. I've read positive information about both programs.

If anyone has any insight or first hand experience with either college that might help make the decision easier, it would really be appreciated!

Thanks,
Danie

TorontoACP1029

Postby TorontoACP1029 » Mon May 16, 2016 11:12 pm

Hi Danie,

Both are very good school. Choose the school by where you want to do your field placement. For example Humber students ride out in Toronto or Peel usually. While Conestoga usually is in London. I'm not saying a Humber student cannot ride in London or vice versa; however it's is harder to find a placement in the not affiliated service. I have seen and worked with many humber graduates in Toronto and they are excellent medics and I personally would recommend Humber but that is due to my personal bias of being in Toronto lol!

Probie91

Postby Probie91 » Thu May 19, 2016 12:34 am

[quote=""dreiter""]I have been accepted to both Humber and Conestoga's Paramedic program for Sept 2017. I'm struggling to decide which program would be the best choice.

I've read so much about Humber College having a great reputation, however in touring both colleges, it almost seemed that Conestoga's facilities were better equipped. I've read positive information about both programs.

If anyone has any insight or first hand experience with either college that might help make the decision easier, it would really be appreciated!

Thanks,
Danie[/quote]

I've been on a few calls with Humber students assisting. They seem to know their shit, and do well. Never ran into a Conestoga student, however like mentioned, mostly due to me working in Toronto as well.

I'd pick based on where you live/want to work really. I'm sure each has their own pro's and con's, but the end result should be the same