Information about the Traning Division Academy

francis3r

Information about the Traning Division Academy

Postby francis3r » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:48 pm

Hi guys !

Bascilly, I'm a firefighter in the province of Quebec and I would like to move in ontario and becoming a firefighter over there. But most of the service are asking for the NFPA 1001 and 472.

My question is, is the fire academy training division, that is located in texas, is legit ? Are they able to give you the right accreditation of the NFPA 1001 and 472 ? Will the province and citys of ontario recognize accreditations from the traning division academy ?

Thanks alot for taking the time to answer this post.

westcoast

Re: Information about the Traning Division Academy

Postby westcoast » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:05 pm

Most departments will recognize the training division certification. Because you end up with your IFSAC seals, it doesn’t really matter where you got them.

There are a few that specifically do not recognize them (London, ON for example) however if you have the ticket, you’re good.

VictoriaFDHoughton

Postby VictoriaFDHoughton » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:04 pm

Hey! I just got home from my two week boot camp at training divison and I'd have to say it was awesome. I highly recommend it. As for your qaulifications, you get a fire suppression certificate from the school themselves, and then you get your ifsac seals through the TCFP for nfpa 1001 and 472 aweness and operations. Out of my class of 25 people 22 of us were from all over canada. The other three were from Texas and neighbouring states.

firerecruit22

Postby firerecruit22 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:21 am

Southwest Fire Academy is also an option. You come out with IFSAC certification from the Ontario Fire Marshal. Which is accepted throughout the province. Good luck!