Badges

General equipment discussion.
Haweater

Postby Haweater » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:31 pm

"dentedhead" wrote:Badges,cliched Tshirts,any type of look at me im a fireman gear will always get a strong stream of opinions.Not all the same as the posters.

To be helpful,as I like to be, and courteous try this very websites store they also sell tin.

Dentedhead

I didn't realize that a badge pretty much always hiding in your wallet was a 'look at me im a fireman' gear. (but I do agree with you on the cliche shirts)
Nobody ever called the fire department for doing something smart

dentedhead

Postby dentedhead » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:22 pm

"Haweater" wrote:I didn't realize that a badge pretty much always hiding in your wallet was a 'look at me im a fireman' gear. (but I do agree with you on the cliche shirts)

I would generally agree with that statement....but personal experience from working in bars,different PT jobs and just being an observer of people in general the badge does not stay safely stowed in the wallet at all times especially after several bottles of personality.This includes cops,POC, FT FFs security gaurds,paramedics etc

Dentedhead
Thousand a week for hide and seek on call when Im paid to be.

dentedhead

Postby dentedhead » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:27 pm

"capteddie" wrote:No suprise with that post. Since your profile pic is your union logo.
I'm just not a fan of unions. Whats the CAW done for the auto workers latley ? Oh yeah, & I feel soo bad for the cupie workers in TO. Suck it up & be glad you have a job in these days.

By the way, the working class around here are not low class.

Who said working class stood for low class?

CAW and GM are to blame equally for their woes.Greed plain and simple,cupie or as they are more commonly known CUPE have legitimate issues about their sick bank and tha is the biggest issue on the table.

i was never a big fan of unions until I joined the IAFF they truly are union that works FOR its members.They have also done plenty of good for all FFs not just career guys and gals.

Dentedhead
Thousand a week for hide and seek on call when Im paid to be.

FFPP

Postby FFPP » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:43 pm

Remind me never to start a thread about green lights or badges agian.... too much conflict, how did the union get involved with websites for wallet badges, haha....Thanks for the help tho...

telesquirt

Postby telesquirt » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:28 pm

Video removed because of copyright infringement
Last edited by telesquirt on Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oldboot

Postby oldboot » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:17 pm

"deevo" wrote:http://www.oafc.on.ca/content_details.asp?itemcode=OAFC-POST-JOB&itemid=2252&itemtype=Job%20/%20Careers

Here you go, you can pad your pension! We're looking for another Deputy Chief! You can get a fancy new badge too!
Considering the qualifications they are asking for, that would be a large pay cut for any career officer to take.

irsqyu

Postby irsqyu » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:22 pm

"oldboot" wrote:Considering the qualifications they are asking for, that would be a large pay cut for any career officer to take.

Of course it wouldn't be too bad on top of the OMERS Pension ;)
"The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work."

oldboot

Postby oldboot » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:22 pm

If you have to buy your own badge the simple question should be, why do you need one?

oldboot

Postby oldboot » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:29 pm

"irsqyu" wrote:Of course it wouldn't be too bad on top of the OMERS Pension ;)
After your career as a company officer is finished do you really need to top up your OMERS pension? ;)

irsqyu

Postby irsqyu » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:36 pm

"deevo" wrote:That's why it would be good for a youngster like IRSQYU when he retires! Yeah don't worry about all those qual's.......last couple they hired they didn't seem to look at em! baaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

I pretty much have all the quals & some!
"The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work."