New Stryker Stretcher

polarman

New Stryker Stretcher

Postby polarman » Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:06 pm

Anyone know about the new Stryker Stretcher that has a 24 volt battery used for lifting and lowering patients. We have purchased one with our new medic and it's going to save a lot on my back. It's rated for 700 pounds.I would tell anyone that it's one of the best purchases for our fire department. If anyone has the same i would like to hear about it or any complications you may have with it in the past.

FLASHOVER05

Postby FLASHOVER05 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:50 pm

You Mean this???

http://www.stryker.com/myhsp/exercise/PatientHandlingEMSandEvacuationEquipment/EmergencyCotsChairs/AmbulanceCots/PowerPro/index.htm

It's a great idea... not sure if this is the perfect be all end all for the Emergency Medical Services but it certainly makes transportation better!

There is also a version out by ferno....

http://www.ferno.com/product_detail.aspx?prodID=D13C3F1D-C9F8-4993-9BCF-66CC9B5A943B

Not sure which made it to the order desk sooner.
How the hell did I end up here?????

polarman

Postby polarman » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:31 pm

Hey flashover05,

That's the one I was mentioning. The stryker one is really durable. We are unsure about the cold weather affecting the battery for winter use, but we carry a spare battery with a charger on board the medic. The stretcher still has the ability to be used manually as well.

FLASHOVER05

Postby FLASHOVER05 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:21 pm

polarman wrote:
That's the one I was mentioning. The stryker one is really durable. We are unsure about the cold weather affecting the battery for winter use, but we carry a spare battery with a charger on board the medic. The stretcher still has the ability to be used manually as well.

I'm betting that Stryker figured out that people might use it in Sub zero temperatures aswell.... good Idea on the redundancy back up.

sgfs

Postby sgfs » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:57 am

While it is handy for heavier patients, the unit itself is heavier than a normal stretcher causing alot more excess lifting. Not good for use on stairs in my opinion

sgfs

Postby sgfs » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:07 am

There is approx 40-45 lbs more on a powered stretcher. I would suggest a trial before it is bought. Remember it still doesnt lift itself into the unit.

FLASHOVER05

Postby FLASHOVER05 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:11 pm

Nor does it increase mobility or accessability.

FFEMT51

Postby FFEMT51 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:22 pm

Our EMS service uses them here. They have changed the way we do things. It is to heavy to lift up/down stairs. Thats where the stair chair comes in. But there are draw backs. You have to move the patient 2 more times to get them on your stretcher. so its a little slower on scene. But it saves you from carrying a loaded stretcher that distance. So 2 lighter moves are better than 1 heavier, and possibly longer move.

In the canadian winter, it operates fine in our experiences, but you have to often transfer patients to the stretcher, outside in the cold. which is not so good

Basically, i think they are great on transfer cars...not so much on emerg cars
"everyone goes home"

WolfmanHarris

Postby WolfmanHarris » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:09 pm

To be used effectively you have to change your mindset a bit. A power stretcher doesn't go up stairs. You have to use the stairchair more then you're used to, but when coupled with a tracked stairchair, your actual lifting is significantly decreased. If they need to be supine, use the scoop or LSB. They're lighter and better designed for carrying up/down stairs.

Albion

Postby Albion » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:43 am

Before you start home workout warm up your body and get ready for exercise,
Dips are alternative to developing chest and triceps muscles...