New Stryker Stretcher

dentedhead

Postby dentedhead » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:43 am

[quote=""WolfmanHarris""]To be used effectively you have to change your mindset a bit. A power stretcher doesn't go up stairs. You have to use the stairchair more then you're used to, but when coupled with a tracked stairchair, your actual lifting is significantly decreased. If they need to be supine, use the scoop or LSB. They're lighter and better designed for carrying up/down stairs.[/quote]

Excellent suggestion,the most underused pieces of equipment on an ambulance and a pole stretcher...do they even have pole stretchers sell? :)

The biggest problem with powered stryker is the cost it is reeedickuluss

Dentedhead
Thousand a week for hide and seek on call when Im paid to be.

wegot3

Postby wegot3 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:19 pm

[quote=""dentedhead""]Excellent suggestion,the most underused pieces of equipment on an ambulance and a pole stretcher...do they even have pole stretchers sell? :)

The biggest problem with powered stryker is the cost it is reeedickuluss

Dentedhead[/quote]

Pole stretchers are still on the trucks. Being a minimalist, I still like the 35a/35p stretchers. They're easier to get over obstacles like curbs , snowbanks and drunks. Although heavier, the stairchair with the track is fantastic. Having said all this, I'm of ABC school of lifting:

Ambulate
Before
Carry

WolfmanHarris

Postby WolfmanHarris » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:22 pm

We still have to pole stretchers. I've used it a few times to get around tight spots.

I've had the power cot on my truck for a few months now and I love it. Our senior guys are all sold too. Power load is going to be awesome when it arrives.

Another key mind set change for me has been not automatically transporting on the cot. I transport more and more of my subacute patients in the jump seat. Our management has been supportive of bringing the appropriate equipment to the patient and transporting in a way appropriate to their condition rather than lift and carry everyone always.

Albion

Postby Albion » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:35 am

[quote=""Albion""]Before you start home workout warm up your body and get ready for exercise,
Dips are alternative to developing chest and triceps muscles...[/quote]

Personal Training Advertising

kbpd

stryker

Postby kbpd » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:33 pm

Our service is having all kinds of problems with the stryker. You have to be very carful if you have a patient on it; if the cot is set at the two upper hights it can tip over when going around corners' hit a small bump or uneven surface. The stryker has tipped over with a patient on it three times in the past month. Removing the cot from the back of the ambulance is another issue, as the release handle is a pinch point. Health and Safety is looking into this.