Alberta Ambulance takeover on hold

dirkjaniak

Trust us- We know what we are doing

Postby dirkjaniak » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:10 am

"Inspir" wrote:She also announced that the transfer would proceed in two health regions -- Palliser and Peace Country -- as a pilot project. A committee, charged with examining the issue, filed its recommendations with Alberta Health some time ago and was told late last year it had been officially disbanded.
It seems like the committee came up with something THEY didn't like

"Inspir" wrote:The committee's report has never been released.
Big supprise there :-0

"Inspir" wrote:In Palliser Health Region, where the transfer has gone ahead as part of the pilot project, officials say the new system is working well.

O.K ?!
Influence Of Tragedy

There Is No Greater Influence Of Change In The Fire Service Than A Line Of Duty Death Of A Firefighter.
Yet, There Is No Greater Tragedy Than That Of A Fallen Firefighter Whose Death Prompted The Passage Of A Safety Policy Which May Have Prevented His Death…..

CanuckEMT

Postby CanuckEMT » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:16 am

If things are going so well in palliser health region then why are there so many guys getting out of there and going to other services like Lethbridge and Calgary?

LFD_FF17

Postby LFD_FF17 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:16 am

I heard a rumour last week that there was a meeting in Nisku and expect in the next week or so an annoucement that the take over will be going ahead
SUPPORT THE TROOPS

IACOJ

RIP SMASH

paradrol

see what I mean

Postby paradrol » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:54 am

That is exactly what I am saying the place is falling apart but apparently all is well. If anyone is interested we are always hiring, The local parmedic college has a 100% placement rate cuz we hire em all to replace all the ones that leave. I cant tell you how many we loose as I have lost track, I seriously dont know everyones names cuz they go through here so fast, Right now 2 are going to Texas to take the fire course to work at MHFD 3 are in the Lethbridge Fire recruitment process. Another will be going to Red Deer soon another decided to go into nursing instead and is enrolled in the program. but hey what do I know I just work here. I guess I should read the news cuz things are just swell here. I really dont know how they get away with it. Good luck all pray that this does not come to your town.

CanuckEMT

Postby CanuckEMT » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:17 pm

"LFD_FF17" wrote:I heard a rumor last week that there was a meeting in Nisku and expect in the next week or so an announcement that the take over will be going ahead

This is very interesting. I had not heard anything of this yet. Hopefully if it does go ahead, all the integrated services end up in the same position as Peace River FD and run autonomously in the regions they serve.

And to paradrol, I am currently going through the process in Lethbridge with the 3 you mention.

paradrol

Good luck Canuck

Postby paradrol » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:10 am

Hope it goes welll for you. I am stuck here unfortunatly. The guys going through Lethbridge right now are great guys Lethbridge will be lucky to get them Like all the others that have left here for there recently. I believe integrated services will do well even with regionaliztion as you could never dismantle one of those services without incurring large degradation and increased cost. They will benefit from the ties of the municipality and infrastructure, Where as Palliser will continue to bleed because money will only come from Alberta Health, The city has washed their hands with us. Anyone who follows the health care funding issues will know that they are having a difficult time looking after the hospitals so I have no idea where the money will come from to look after EMS without serious degragation. Good luck to all. Integrated Fire/EMS IS THE ONLY SAFE PLACE TO BE IF THIS GOES THROUGH AND I AM HEARING IT WILL.

CanuckEMT

Postby CanuckEMT » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:26 pm

"paradrol" wrote:Hope it goes welll for you. I am stuck here unfortunatly. The guys going through Lethbridge right now are great guys Lethbridge will be lucky to get them Like all the others that have left here for there recently. I believe integrated services will do well even with regionaliztion as you could never dismantle one of those services without incurring large degradation and increased cost. They will benefit from the ties of the municipality and infrastructure, Where as Palliser will continue to bleed because money will only come from Alberta Health, The city has washed their hands with us. Anyone who follows the health care funding issues will know that they are having a difficult time looking after the hospitals so I have no idea where the money will come from to look after EMS without serious degragation. Good luck to all. Integrated Fire/EMS IS THE ONLY SAFE PLACE TO BE IF THIS GOES THROUGH AND I AM HEARING IT WILL.

Thanx man I got my fingers crossed.

jeffreyclark

Postby jeffreyclark » Thu May 29, 2008 3:08 pm

pitottube

Postby pitottube » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:00 pm

"CanuckEMT" wrote:Thanx man I got my fingers crossed.

Just a bit of an update, through the grapevine it appears even integrated services may disappear in 3 years the way the province wants things run. Most services will accept contracts for 2-3 years but after that there is to many things going against any city wanting to keep their integrated service. It would seem that the province is going after hospital based EMS with emt/paramedics doing alot of their skills in the hospitals, then responding to calls when required.

dirkjaniak

Yeah that's great

Postby dirkjaniak » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:24 pm

"pitottube" wrote:It would seem that the province is going after hospital based EMS with emt/paramedics doing alot of their skills in the hospitals, then responding to calls when required.

... they're going to like that, eh?!
Influence Of Tragedy

There Is No Greater Influence Of Change In The Fire Service Than A Line Of Duty Death Of A Firefighter.
Yet, There Is No Greater Tragedy Than That Of A Fallen Firefighter Whose Death Prompted The Passage Of A Safety Policy Which May Have Prevented His Death…..