How do i start a non emergency medical transportation business?

johngates100

How do i start a non emergency medical transportation business?

Postby johngates100 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:11 am

I have been living in Texas for last 25 years and I want to start a non emergency medical transportation business. But I do not know where to start!!! I know one company but their business model is difficult to understand.Kindly share some more information.

JamesMorris

How To start a non emergency medical transportation business

Postby JamesMorris » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:36 am

If you want to start new non emergency medical transportation business then you should read this website information
paratransitwatch.blogspot.in/2012/04/nemt-business-start-up-manual.html
paratransitwatch.blogspot.in/2011/04/26.html
paratransitwatch.blogspot.in/2009/04/nemt-providers.html
paratransitwatch.blogspot.in/2012/04/brokers.html

WolfmanHarris

Postby WolfmanHarris » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:26 am

If you have to ask you probably don't have the requisite knowledge and experience in the industry to make a go of it without huge issues.

iamvff

Postby iamvff » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:31 pm

[quote=""WolfmanHarris""]If you have to ask you probably don't have the requisite knowledge and experience in the industry to make a go of it without huge issues.[/quote]

Exactly what I thought!
"You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink...BUT...if you hold it's head under long enough, it has to take a gulp sooner or later!" iamvff - 2010

Firefighter0233

Postby Firefighter0233 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:17 am

In my personal experience, don't. I worked for a company and became very politically involved. I no longer work with them, and are in claims court with them over some employment issues. The non-urgent patient transfer business is NOT regulated by the Ontario Ministry of Health like the hospitals, Paramedical service etc. there fore leaving a large unfilled gap in policies and procedures, and you'll see a lot of companies cut corners to save cost. Its not a stable business to get into, because of the corners your able cut, put the health of the patient at grater risk (infection, injury etc.) Non urgent transfer companies dont make enough money to purchase new ambulances and equipment and resort to decommissioned vehicles. Last time i checked they were decommissioned for a reason. I can go for days on the topic. but i hope to shed some light on your subject.

Cheers

lim075

Postby lim075 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:48 pm

[quote=""Firefighter0233""]In my personal experience, don't. I worked for a company and became very politically involved. I no longer work with them, and are in claims court with them over some employment issues. The non-urgent patient transfer business is NOT regulated by the Ontario Ministry of Health like the hospitals, Paramedical service etc. there fore leaving a large unfilled gap in policies and procedures, and you'll see a lot of companies cut corners to save cost. Its not a stable business to get into, because of the corners your able cut, put the health of the patient at grater risk (infection, injury etc.) Non urgent transfer companies dont make enough money to purchase new ambulances and equipment and resort to decommissioned vehicles. Last time i checked they were decommissioned for a reason. I can go for days on the topic. but i hope to shed some light on your subject.

Cheers[/quote]

My current workplace of non-emergency pt transfer isn't bad. The owner worked for another company or two and decided to start his own. Most of our vehicles are brand new, and he regrets purchasing a used vehicle or two to start his business as they cause more issue than they're worth.

We get new vehicles and new stretchers as old ones have a good reason for being sold.