HSE Integrated

jasonff

HSE Integrated

Postby jasonff » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:41 am

Hi all.

I'm wondering if any of you have worked for HSE recently and what your experience was like. I'm also curious what type / quality of equipment they run on the fire side.

Thanks!

Foxtrot13

Postby Foxtrot13 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:40 am

no different than any other industrial medic service. Dont care about anyone once your butt is in a seat. they get paid and there are others to fill the seat if you dont. very disorganised. no different than any other company.

jasonff

Postby jasonff » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:16 pm

I was wondering more about their firefighting equipment Foxtrot, but thanks. I heard they had really good stuff, but I wanted to see if anyone had actually worked for them.

Scoot

Postby Scoot » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:17 pm

[quote=""jasonff""]I was wondering more about their firefighting equipment Foxtrot, but thanks. I heard they had really good stuff, but I wanted to see if anyone had actually worked for them.[/quote]

Hey Jasonff,

I worked for HSE for 6 months as an Industrial Firefighter and overall it was a neat experience. They sent me on a week long course in Nisku to prepare you for everything and even paid for my hotel plus travel (I was stationed in Bonnyville).

After that I was pretty much on my own for the most part, I'd be told to meet up here at what time and with who. The job itself was boring, show up onsite, rig in, safety meeting, sit in truck for 12hrs, rig out go home (sometimes).

Eventually you get bored and minor things get to you i.e. being told to go to site for 3hrs, showing up and having the consultant tell you its a 3 day job, amongst other things

Great its more money but it eventually starts to irritate you. If you do decide to go ahead and work as an industrial firefighter be prepared to do everything else but. I was a safety watch, fire watch, confined space watch and rescue, bottle watch, air hand, hot shot, equipment technician, shop help and shop foreman.........and of course firefighter.

It's good cause it makes you more versatile and keeps you busy when there are no fire jobs, but again it gets annoying not doing what your hired to do.

Now, i am not arguing what everyone else has said thus far. There are certainly stations that you want to avoid because of the petty arguing, dis-respect, disorganized etc but there are also stations who'll stand behind you and treat you like a human being.

You'll figure it out quick enough.

Rich_Baird_Jr

Hey there

Postby Rich_Baird_Jr » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:50 am

I was looking to apply for some industrial fire jobs, HSE was one of them but when on there website when i go to apply all it does is take my basic info. It doesnt ask for my resume or cover letter.

Also what other industrial fire companies do you kno of ? Iv applied for scott safety, Hellfire & trying to apply for HSE ? Thank you

Kind Regards,
Richard Baird