Suggestions for aspiring Firefighter. Courses/Training?

Relax and exchange a few words with other fire and rescue members from across Canada...
PowerLineman

Suggestions for aspiring Firefighter. Courses/Training?

Postby PowerLineman » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:37 pm

Hey ya fellas,
Glad to be a member here and hope to learn alot about preparing myself for the hiring process as a Firefighter. So its been sometime since I've thought about Firefighting since I spent the last four years finishing a Hydro apprenticeship, but once again the thought never leaves my mind about Firefighting. Any info from you guys would be much appreciated on what courses I could take on weekends or evenings since I work full-time days. I live in the Niagara Region of Ontario.

Thanks guys,
Kev

KarlGrath

Postby KarlGrath » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:44 pm

Welcome to the firefighting community! The good news is it's never been easier to get your hands on good training resources as it is today. The bad news (if you choose to look at it that way) is that you have to get your hands on quite a bit of materials to be fully prepared for the physical training and the exams. I'd suggest checking out FireServiceBooks.com. They're a great go-to for all the resources you need: cheap fire service books and manuals, workbooks, DVD's, and access to online training programs. Start there, and you'll be on your way!

kenzie25

Postby kenzie25 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:24 am

welcome to the club! agree with recommendation above, also train hard with your body from now on.