For fun, previous best/worst jobs before firefighting.

Relax and exchange a few words with other fire and rescue members from across Canada...
Jarocho

For fun, previous best/worst jobs before firefighting.

Postby Jarocho » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:54 am

Simple and fun to hear. What was the best job you had before becoming a firefighter and what was the absolute worst?

My favorite job was working at a hot rod shop building old hot rods and restoring cars. Had a blast working there, but the pay was horrible.

The worst was a company I worked for in Toronto. Part of my job was repairing the city garbage bins. In the summer they stink so much and are filled with roaches. Again, horrible pay

Have at it!

bigsmoke

Postby bigsmoke » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:48 pm

[quote=""Jarocho""]Simple and fun to hear. What was the best job you had before becoming a firefighter and what was the absolute worst?

My favorite job was working at a hot rod shop building old hot rods and restoring cars. Had a blast working there, but the pay was horrible.

The worst was a company I worked for in Toronto. Part of my job was repairing the city garbage bins. In the summer they stink so much and are filled with roaches. Again, horrible pay

Have at it![/quote]

Worst job - door to door selling gift ware! The annoying type pf salesman

best job - actor - the kind on tv
B.S.
"Anyone can be trained to be a firefighter, it takes brains to survive"

LTPVFD

Best & Worst Jobs

Postby LTPVFD » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:47 pm

Best job - student Fish and Wildlife Officer - worked in Cochrane and Kananaskis Country, Alberta :D Great vocation and great location, unfortunately was never able to get a full time position. Had I been hired full time, I probably never would have gotten into the fire service.

Worst job - working in a gravel pit - made Pigpen look clean at the end of the day :eek:

Stay safe !!

LTPVFD
Safety First - EVERYONE Goes Home !!

cmollison

Postby cmollison » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:53 pm

Wrost job sorting cheques working for my mom (self explanatory!)

Best job annoying all the the old folks on firehall.com :)
Life without knowledge is death in disguise.