Birthday Wishes DFCSmash

Relax and exchange a few words with other fire and rescue members from across Canada...
wilderness

Birthday Wishes DFCSmash

Postby wilderness » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:14 am

Big shout out to DFCSmash, Happy Birthday in the heavens above, miss our friendly banter on here, 7 years since you climbed the ladder rungs and left us behind, Will raise a bottle of cheer for you tonight, happy birthday old friend.

[align=center:2jsip9q8]Lets Be damned Sure[/size:2jsip9q8][/align:2jsip9q8]
[align=center:2jsip9q8]That No Man's Ghost[/size:2jsip9q8][/align:2jsip9q8]
[align=center:2jsip9q8]Will Ever Say[/size:2jsip9q8][/align:2jsip9q8]
[align=center:2jsip9q8][color=red:2jsip9q8]"If Your Training Program[/color:2jsip9q8][/size:2jsip9q8][/align:2jsip9q8]
[align=center:2jsip9q8][color=red:2jsip9q8]Had Only Done It's Job"[/color:2jsip9q8][/size:2jsip9q8][/align:2jsip9q8]

firefighter26

Postby firefighter26 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:22 pm

Wow... has it been that long...

Facebook was kind enough to remind me that it was his birthday, and then I seen a few people posting wishing him a good one; which brought be wondering back here to the forums, a place that use to be a second home for me.

DFCSmash and I had some amazing conversations. Didn't always see eye to eye on some things, but I think that is what made us friends. We didn't always have to agree. Now I'm missing the guy again...
"No one ever called the fire department for doing something smart"
- Unknown

"If you don't like what you see, Why don't you fight it?
If you know there's something wrong, Why don't you right it?"
- Trooper

iamvff

Postby iamvff » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:37 pm

Sorry I missed the party! I only briefly skulk in hear every bunch of months! Rick was a solid guy, I got to know him quite well, he was one of the good ones! We all had a lot of fun on here once upon a time, eh boys! Any of you professionals have green dash lights yet? Just askin....lol

iamvff (MFM)
"You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink...BUT...if you hold it's head under long enough, it has to take a gulp sooner or later!" iamvff - 2010

LTPVFD

Birthday Wishes DFCSmash

Postby LTPVFD » Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:54 pm

I missed the party too, as I am not on the site much lately.

DFC Smash was a great guy, and wealth of information. His experience and wisdom was a highlight of my visits to this site.

His department, his community, and most importantly his family suffered a big loss when Smash passed away.

Stay safe everyone !!

LTPVFD

P.S. iamvff - I was hoping that Santa would have brought me a green light, but I guess I'll have to wait until next year. :rolleyes:
Safety First - EVERYONE Goes Home !!