Training Division Textbooks

jonathantsang

Training Division Textbooks

Postby jonathantsang » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:14 pm

Hello all,

I have recently signed up for the Training Division program and had some questions regarding their textbooks. I have received my copy Fundamentals of Fire Fighter Skills , but I am curious as to how necessary the Essentials book they recommended is?

Would anyone recommend the HazMat exam prep book, or will the HazMat textbook itself suffice?

Thanks in advance!

sfd18

Postby sfd18 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:58 am

[quote=""jonathantsang""]Hello all,

I have recently signed up for the Training Division program and had some questions regarding their textbooks. I have received my copy Fundamentals of Fire Fighter Skills , but I am curious as to how necessary the Essentials book they recommended is?

Would anyone recommend the HazMat exam prep book, or will the HazMat textbook itself suffice?

Thanks in advance![/quote]

I'm currently enrolled (bootcamp next month) and in my experience, if something is recommended it is probably a good idea to have it. I can't say for sure, but it probably wouldn't hurt. Look on kijiji, I was able to find a brand new one, still in packaging, for $20. I will also ask a friend that did the course last year and find out just how much of a necessity it is and get back to you

jonathantsang

Postby jonathantsang » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:25 pm

Thanks for the reply,

It would be great to know your thoughts regarding the program overall once you are finished. I am scheduled to go down in mid March for my boot camp, so anything you could share would be much appreciated!

RedFlynn

Postby RedFlynn » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:03 pm

I didn't get the essentials book and am doing just fine without it. You can have my hazmat book if you want it. I'll be done with it Friday lol

jkallies

Boot Camp

Postby jkallies » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:35 pm

Is anyone heading down March 28-2014 for there boot camp ?

Firefighter0233

Postby Firefighter0233 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:34 pm

Just a piece of advice.

IF you come out of that course and get hired FT GREAT and congratulations, if you don't and you sit on that course for a long time, it will be a huge benefit to you in the long run to purchase that book because you will be able to reference it and refresh your memory when the time comes, I graduated that course in 2011 and but have been a firefighter since 2009 and I still reference that book, it has come in handy. just food for thought, good luck in the course!! you'll haver a blast.

Remember:

If you don't use it, You Loose it.

RNtoFirefigther

Postby RNtoFirefigther » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:45 pm

Are you done with your Hazardous Materials for first responder 3rd edition. Planning to sell it.

RNtoFirefigther

Looking for Hazardous Material for 1st Responder 3rd Edition

Postby RNtoFirefigther » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:31 am

Looking for Hazardous Material for First Responder 3rd Edition. New or used...Message me for details.