Any reading texts that will expand my mechanical aptitude?

dnation

Any reading texts that will expand my mechanical aptitude?

Postby dnation » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:10 pm

Hey

Is there any reading material that I can look up online/buy that will increase my knowledge about pullies, levers, electrical diagrams, aswell as the equations.

Basically general texts that will be included on any aptitude tests?

I am looking for online texts or even paperbacks that you can buy so I can read and research.
Just anything that will prepare me more.

I had boughten the Barron's Canadian Firefighter Exams book, Thats the kind of books that I mean.

Firefly09

Postby Firefly09 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:47 pm

Hi there,

Have a look here... https://www.testprep-online.com/firefig ... teID=10197.

I've used their service and they have some many examples.

DWilliams

Postby DWilliams » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:08 pm

[quote=""dnation""]Hey

Is there any reading material that I can look up online/buy that will increase my knowledge about pullies, levers, electrical diagrams, aswell as the equations.

I am looking for online texts or even paperbacks that you can buy so I can read and research.

I had boughten the Barron's Canadian Firefighter Exams book, Thats the kind of books that I mean.[/quote]

I would use the Canadian firefighter book just to identify weaknesses. I wouldn't use it to actually study. You need this

http://www.amazon.com/Barrons-Mechanica ... 78-0634924

dana662

Postby dana662 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:25 pm

[quote=""dnation""]Hey

I had boughten the Barron's Canadian Firefighter Exams book, Thats the kind of books that I mean.[/quote]

GED Math books are the best for the level of math needed for fire tests.
For pullies and levers go to your library and read Grade 12 Physics of Physics test prep books.