Platform Levelling

Advancements, reviews, maintenance questions, discuss anything apparatus related...
Billy4

Platform Levelling

Postby Billy4 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:32 am

Hi guys, still relatively new to the service. I was wondering in what situation would you not utilize the "platform Levelling" button / option when using the aerial.....On our truck its located in the cab next to the gen pto, aerial pto etc......Thanks in advance for the response.

Billy

HookandLadder

Postby HookandLadder » Sat May 02, 2015 1:20 pm

We've have had leveling issues in the past with our brand new aerial, so I'm very familiar with the operations and benefits of the device. For firefighter safety I don't see any reason why you would use the aerial without the self leveler activated? If no manning is on the platform, you could always adjust the nozzle and waterway direction despite the platform level. In my opinion the self leveling option should always be activated.

There are different methods and ways to perform rescues and use it to its full advantage, without requiring the self leveler to be disengaged. Cheers!

- HookandLadder
" When the elevator doors open, if it's hot...dont get out!" - Lt. Steven McCaffrey

Roree403

Postby Roree403 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:55 pm

Short jacking
"Amateurs built the Arc but professionals built the Titanic"

"Are we moving too far ahead, or are you falling too far behind"
Roree403