20 year old female, trying to become a firefighter

New members, introduce yourself to the rest of the online Canadian fire & rescue community.
FF224

20 year old female, trying to become a firefighter

Postby FF224 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:43 pm

Alright friends, ANY helpful tips or hints or words you can give me about becoming a firefighter in this day and age would all be appreciated.
I'm a 20 year old female who volnteers as a fire fighter and a first responder, and my day job is working for minimum wage. If it wasn't for firefighting who knows where I would be, but I wouldn't have the drive and ambition I have now.
You guys all rock

GuitarKing

Postby GuitarKing » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:28 pm

Welcome to the forms!
"Ambition is the path to success, persistence is the vehicle you arrive in."
— William Eardley IV

Probie91

Postby Probie91 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:04 pm

Depending on where you live, but I for one know Toronto is opening their hiring soon, and look less on age, and more on quality of the person applying, which is more than can be said for a lot of other places.

TDbrown

Postby TDbrown » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:07 pm

It's very competitive out there! Get all the required courses/training plus more... Lots of volunteer hours and trade skills are also good. If you are looking for awesome First Aid Training, contact code3firstaid@hotmail.com. They offer awesome FR (as well as EMR) training. The instructors are Paramedics and Professional FF. Great pricing, individual attention, excellent hands on skills.....best courses ever!