Smoking!

We all know anyone involved in the firefighting and rescue community is no stranger to stress...
dentedhead

Postby dentedhead » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:21 pm

FFWannabe wrote:How about this.... KICK THE HABIT, OR I'LL KICK YOU ASS!!!!! Just trying to be helpful!! ;)

Sue :D

Hmm that sounds like sumpin I would enjoy a smoke after.Being beat up by a lady. Especially if shes wearing a Tigger costume!!

Dentedhead
Thousand a week for hide and seek on call when Im paid to be.

FLASHOVER05

Postby FLASHOVER05 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:42 pm

dentedhead wrote:Hmm that sounds like sumpin I would enjoy a smoke after.Being beat up by a lady. Especially if shes wearing a Tigger costume!!

Dentedhead
You'll always be remembered for this statement!!!!..... Tigger

FFWannabe

Postby FFWannabe » Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:46 pm

Tigger, eh? That's honestly not something I ever thought would be, ummmm, well, suggested... hahahahha!! Too funny!!

Sue :)

DFCSmash

Postby DFCSmash » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:37 pm

Hey ShaneB. Get some micropore tape and do all 4 edges and a cross over the center. That'll keep it on. Let the tape extend about a half inch past each corner. And it won't leave residue like adhesive tape. Or remove as much hair! :bawling:
This is of course only my opinion. But then again, what else matters? It is not necessarily the opinion or policy of the department I belong to or the community I live in.

DCCHam "I agree with DFCSmash though"
goosebump "I have to agree with DFCSMASH"
iamvff "I need to borrow some of that good ole common sense of yours"
ScubaJude "DFCS-Great Reply"
PellattFire "I like your way of thinking though"

Proud member of the National Sarcasm Society
"Like we need your support"

shaneb

Postby shaneb » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:02 pm

DFCSmash wrote:Hey ShaneB. Get some micropore tape and do all 4 edges and a cross over the center. That'll keep it on. Let the tape extend about a half inch past each corner. And it won't leave residue like adhesive tape. Or remove as much hair! :bawling:
DFCSmash sorry I beat ya to it! I tried it the other day, that micropore works a lot better than the normal medical tape. Thanks anyway buddy!

DCharv

Postby DCharv » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:45 pm

Well guys and gals it's been a whole 26 hours since my last one. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.... lol
Done...

btrl8thannvr

Postby btrl8thannvr » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:33 pm

Just remember...

The cravings get shorter and fewer as time goes on. You only need to focus on 5 minutes at a time right now :) You can do it.

Good luck!

-btrl8thannvr

dentedhead

Postby dentedhead » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:33 pm

Guys that are trying to quit well gals too if they are out there.

Im a guy who embraced smoking in a very similar way to Denis Leary..if you have ever seen some of his standup it will make sense :rofl: .

Quitting was sumpin I had never considered nor did I really want to quit.Then it started. Wheezing, tightness in the chest(non cardiacLOL) morning hacking getting winded easier....that had never happened before. I was becoming more reliant on puffers. In short starting down the road to COPD.I had started smoking at around 22. A quick bit of math...... I had been smoking for 22 years. Less the roughly two years that I had quit before,so we will call it twenty years of fairly heavy smoking. I smoked for many of those years players plain, then switched to players filter,not zactly light intake.

Last spring I decided it was time. May 1st the patch went on. So far so good. I havent had a cigarette. I have wanted one many times but have plowed through the craving.I managed to somehow overnight gain 19.5lbs but I am running on the treadmill and going to the gym everyday(mostly)that is nothing new but I am doing way more cardio to shed the lumpiness and breathing much better while doing it.

All kidding aside ,the craving will pass.Just think about something else or do something else.You will prolly be a tad crusty and maybe a loved one will tell you to go and have a smoke....dont do it.It will all be a bad memory before you know it.

For the record since getting through the initial stage I can count on one hand the times I have used my puffer.I cant say never again but I will try my best!

Dentedhead
Thousand a week for hide and seek on call when Im paid to be.

DCharv

Postby DCharv » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:48 pm

Well it's been 57 hours and so far so good...
Done...

FLASHOVER05

Postby FLASHOVER05 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:25 pm

DCharv wrote:Well it's been 57 hours and so far so good...
Keep Plugging away buddy... It's worth it!!!!!