Has anyone used this firefighter workout?

Well my wife says I should try water aerobics...
JimBeam

Has anyone used this firefighter workout?

Postby JimBeam » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:31 pm

Hey all. Im new to this site. I work with toronto fire for the past 2 years. I came across this workout and was looking for feedback on it, have any of you tried this one? The video looks cool anyway.

tinyurl.com/btmvgb6

JayG

Postby JayG » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:47 pm

Well I can't say I've tried it but it does look really cool! I think the best aspect of it is that it would be an excellent boredom deterrent. Really there are a number of different ways you can develop strength, endurance, cardio, and other aspects of fitness, but the main thing is you have to stick with it and be consistent. I just have a general resistance training program and cardio program and I find it more than enough for fitness on the fire ground, but for some my program might be too boring. The workout in the video on the other hand looks like you might be somewhat happy to go workout. If you try it please let us know what you think.

jrad

Postby jrad » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:27 pm

I was just looking into it, seems like a lot of equipment needed. I'm looking for a program to do at home. But I would be interested to hear someones experience with this program.
ps. They have less equipment options for the workouts. They say you could do alot of them with just bodyweight. 60 day money back guarantee. I might give it a try.
Last edited by jrad on Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

jrad

I decided to try it out

Postby jrad » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:46 pm

I just purchased the online only (no DVD's) version (instant access), they do have an online + DVD version as well. It's definitely not as glamorous as the beachbody packages but it has all the information you need in PDF format; Training Manual, Program Charts, Training Calendar, Compliance System and Nutrition System.
The Videos show you how to do each movement with proper form and for each movement there are 4 levels of expertise.
Anyways check it out at http://tacfitfirefighter.com/

I have just completed 1.5 rounds of P90X and a month of Insanity. Both gave good results, but after two days of the TacFit First Alarm for firefighters program I am feeling the workouts.

From the website: Exercises included in our firefighter fitness programs have been reversed engineered from specific firefighter tasks. These firefighter workouts will develop strength, power, metabolic conditioning, dynamic body movement, and mobility while placing a high priority on recovery and injury prevention.

Give it a try, 60 day money back Guarantee