CPAT Defeat

Well my wife says I should try water aerobics...
Bigolhead

Postby Bigolhead » Sun May 24, 2015 12:48 am

[quote=""GuitarKing""]I think one thing to keep in mind, is that physical fitness is something which can quite (easily?) be obtained through dedication, hard work and perseverance.

I'll use myself as an example. If we had spoken last year, I never in my most wild dreams would have run a Half Marathon. 1 year later, I've run 3, and am looking into full marathon training.

If you honestly put your mind to it, "do the time" faithfully in the gym, and follow strict proper nutrition, I do not see why the majority of people couldn't become CPAT ready within 12 months. So, I wouldn't say "look into a different career" so much as "hit the gym" and do what it takes to become ready.

(FULL Disclosure, I have NOT taken the CPAT test yet).[/quote]

Nice job! Very encouraging words.

FYI almost anyone can pass the CPAT. It is very very easy. You could pass it tomorrow I'm sure. Most fails are because of rule violations like touching the railing on the step mill more than the proctors want.

When I said consider looking into a different career I wasn't trying to be an asshole... All I was saying was that with the test being so easy it should not be a problem... If it is, maybe another career is the best option.

Good luck getting hired

Belisama

Postby Belisama » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:05 pm

Just to update this thread - as I was the original poster of it:

I spent three solid months with a trainer and crushed the CPAT a couple of weeks ago.

Thank you to those who shared their POSITIVE opinions and experiences to steer me to a direction of growth and improvement. I have gratitude for your encouragement.

For anyone who comes along this post because they're in a similar boat... my advice is simple: create a plan, stick to it and never give up.

GuitarKing

Postby GuitarKing » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:45 pm

[quote=""Belisama""]Just to update this thread - as I was the original poster of it:

I spent three solid months with a trainer and crushed the CPAT a couple of weeks ago.

Thank you to those who shared their POSITIVE opinions and experiences to steer me to a direction of growth and improvement. I have gratitude for your encouragement.

For anyone who comes along this post because they're in a similar boat... my advice is simple: create a plan, stick to it and never give up.[/quote]

Hey congratulations! Way to go!

Thanks for sharing the victory!
I bet you feel very accomplished having conquered your goal.

What was the most challenging part of the CPAT, and where did you see the most improvement?
"Ambition is the path to success, persistence is the vehicle you arrive in."
— William Eardley IV