two hatters

Union and union related discussion.
Profire

Postby Profire » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:13 pm

[quote=""Pumpone""]Yes you could be correct on that one. I guess I am just bothered that it is an issue that in some cases should be looked at and something done about it. Yes easier said than done I Know. Does it not bother you that all the hours you put in as union leader to help bring us up and maintain a livable wage that some guys come in tired from working a secondary job?[/quote]

When I started in the job, Lo those many moons ago most guys worked second jobs, for obvious reasons. To be honest I seldom see anybody working a second job nowadays other than helping a brother put siding on his house or something like that. So no I don't see this as a major issue like it was years ago, it seems our guys today are more interested in marrying doctors and becoming kept men.

Its a new day, a different world most young guys today have no intention of working a second job, some don't seem to eager on the one they have.

My job is to attempt to ensure that our membership is reimbursed at a level that would make this argument a moot point. That they are as safe as is possible in this profession and that their jobs are secure.
Professional Union Firefighter and proud of it![sigpic][/sigpic]

Pumpone

Postby Pumpone » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:31 am

This discussion has reached the point when we are just chasing each other round the garden. Two things being a union president is not considered a second job to which my arguement is centred. The only people who can be union reps are the ones engaged in that union so that arguement is a none starter. Also you to need to go back and re-read this discussion from the start, anypoint that you brought up in your last post has been brought up and explained.
Unless anyone brings up a new point I wont be replying and letting this thread die. well I'm off to find a green light thread, time to start again. ;)
Lifes not fair, an occasional rant is good for you but dont think it is everyone's elses fault all the time.

PFD023

Postby PFD023 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:23 am

if and when some of you get on.......take the time during your swearing in at your Local to listen to the oath you are being sworn in with......the one you are agreeing to abide by.

dentedhead

Postby dentedhead » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:07 am

[quote=""PFD023""]if and when some of you get on.......take the time during your swearing in at your Local to listen to the oath you are being sworn in with......the one you are agreeing to abide by.[/quote]

ezzackly

dentedhead
Thousand a week for hide and seek on call when Im paid to be.

nocomment

Postby nocomment » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:08 pm

[quote=""PFD023""]if and when some of you get on.......take the time during your swearing in at your Local to listen to the oath you are being sworn in with......the one you are agreeing to abide by.[/quote]

Bingo!!.....that is all that needs to be said. Period.

Profire

Postby Profire » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:38 pm

[quote=""Pumpone""]This discussion has reached the point when we are just chasing each other round the garden. Two things being a union president is not considered a second job to which my arguement is centred. The only people who can be union reps are the ones engaged in that union so that arguement is a none starter. Also you to need to go back and re-read this discussion from the start, anypoint that you brought up in your last post has been brought up and explained.
Unless anyone brings up a new point I wont be replying and letting this thread die. well I'm off to find a green light thread, time to start again. ;) [/quote]

Hey, you're the one who asked me the question, there isn't much sense of getting upset because I didn't give you the answer you expected
Professional Union Firefighter and proud of it![sigpic][/sigpic]

dentedhead

Postby dentedhead » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:33 pm

[quote=""Pumpone""]This discussion has reached the point when we are just chasing each other round the garden. Two things being a union president is not considered a second job to which my arguement is centred. The only people who can be union reps are the ones engaged in that union so that arguement is a none starter. Also you to need to go back and re-read this discussion from the start, anypoint that you brought up in your last post has been brought up and explained.
Unless anyone brings up a new point I wont be replying and letting this thread die. well I'm off to find a green light thread, time to start again. ;) [/quote]

To think this all came out of the Georgina thread :eek:

Dentedhead
Thousand a week for hide and seek on call when Im paid to be.

someday

Postby someday » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:30 pm

[quote=""dentedhead""]To think this all came out of the Georgina thread :eek:

Dentedhead[/quote]
stayed tune tomorrow for" how to get the worms back in the can"

Pumpone

Postby Pumpone » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:32 pm

[quote=""Profire""]Hey, you're the one who asked me the question, there isn't much sense of getting upset because I didn't give you the answer you expected[/quote]

Hey we are having an adult discussion here, it will take a lot more to upset me than that. like I said re-read the discussion any new points will be countered otherwise the thread can die, no point in trying to reword a question.And no you didn't answer my question a simple yes or no will do.
Last edited by Pumpone on Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lifes not fair, an occasional rant is good for you but dont think it is everyone's elses fault all the time.

Pumpone

Postby Pumpone » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:43 pm

[quote=""dentedhead""]To think this all came out of the Georgina thread :eek:

Dentedhead[/quote]

Isn't this one of the things missing from this forum the days of debate and discussion. You brought up a point, I brought up a point we discussed and debated, other people joined in. At no point did I ever get angry or pissed off, the written word has no emotion and can easily be misinterpreted, If I ruffled some feathers with my point of view then it was a good debate.