Green Lights - What's your opinion?

General volunteer firefighting discussion.
MLFHNTR

Green Lights - What's your opinion?

Postby MLFHNTR » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:48 am

Our city Deputy Chief recently ordered all Volies to stop using green light while responding to calls. They claim that there has been a number of complaints from citizens. None of these complaints have ever been brought up to our attention till now. Did he make a good call or did he increase our response time by taking away our light that courteous drivers pull over for?

Roadwarrior

Postby Roadwarrior » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:28 am

Wooo Hooooo....a new Green Light thread!!!

Seriously though, if it was a legit complaint, then the offending ff should be made aware of his actions.
The "complainer" also should have been made aware of the the legalities of using a green light (and why they are used) BY THE D/C.
Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

Pickupman

Postby Pickupman » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:38 pm

It doesnt matter what you or anyone think,if the chief makes a call you say yes sir and then shut up about it. unless its going to put your life at risk then have a humble discussion with him. Period end of story

dentedhead

Postby dentedhead » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:10 am

Lets see where to start....nah not worth it

Dentedhead
Thousand a week for hide and seek on call when Im paid to be.

HightowerAcres

Postby HightowerAcres » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:45 pm

Should be red/white anyways like MB and SK. At least those provinces get it. Green just yells out "pretty please" and confuses assholes at traffic lights. I have no traffic lights in my district. Its all good.

Love a good green light thread!!!!!

iamvff

Postby iamvff » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:38 pm

[quote=""dentedhead""]Lets see where to start....nah not worth it

Dentedhead[/quote]

No really....go ahead...what would you like to say!????

iamvff :-)
"You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink...BUT...if you hold it's head under long enough, it has to take a gulp sooner or later!" iamvff - 2010

dentedhead

Postby dentedhead » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:03 pm

[quote=""iamvff""]No really....go ahead...what would you like to say!????

iamvff :-) [/quote]

I want to say I am in love with a man from Melita but that would be super gay....not that theres anything wrong with that!

Dentedhead
Thousand a week for hide and seek on call when Im paid to be.

iamvff

Postby iamvff » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:27 am

[quote=""dentedhead""]I want to say I am in love with a man from Melita but that would be super gay....not that theres anything wrong with that!

Dentedhead[/quote]

Thank god I am not from Melita! No stinkin green lights there.....nor red or yellow...heck...they barely had a stop sign!

iamvff
"You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink...BUT...if you hold it's head under long enough, it has to take a gulp sooner or later!" iamvff - 2010

MLFHNTR

Postby MLFHNTR » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:40 am

The reason I put this question out there is that they are pushing to expand the career and downsize the vollies. They are in the middle of a response time audit and they pull the lights from the vollies. Coincidence?

TGavinL62

Postby TGavinL62 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:00 am

I find they help a little for people who know what they are. Some people are oblivious to them, other people pull over to the side. Our departement policy is you can't have it in your first year (probation), you then have to ask permission to use it. Usually permission is granted. They do warn us that having that green light makes you stand out even more, so you best be sure to follow all traffic laws and speed limits (not that you wouldn't)! Personally I only put it on the dash on occasion, some guys go all out, installing all sorts of lights in their grills and always use it no matter what the call! It's your call!