Worst Firehall Meal ever?

Discuss the latest prepared disaster by the chief (oops... or was that 'the chef'?). Success stories welcome as well...
Firefighter1680

Worst Firehall Meal ever?

Postby Firefighter1680 » Tue Dec 27, 2005 6:47 pm

Whats the worst Firehall meal you have ever had?? 99% of the time food is amazing.. Whats the worst you ever had??.. I Made Burgers, but I made them so thick that they Burnt on the outside and were bright RED inside.. Also made wedgy fries and brunt those too.. The absolute worst was Mac and Cheese.. KID YOU NOT...With some wieners
Last edited by Firefighter1680 on Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ABFF37

Postby ABFF37 » Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:08 pm

As you said, 99 times in a hundred we eat great here. I have two bad experiences that stand out however.

One was this clam chowder I had once...I don't know if the guy that made it had ever cooked before or what, but it was a disaster. Picture a huge pot filled with milk, throw in some potato chunks and half cooked carrots and then a sprinkling of clams...heat it all up to luke warm, and jump in! The words "did we get any bread with this?" were mentioned many times. Those who were lucky managed to fill up on buns, those who came to the table late went hungry.

The other story happened when I was a rookie. We had a captain that was really into the traditional meals, and he pretty much insisted that we have this one perticular meal every tour...I know many of you will recognize it...a HUGE ground beef patty cooked part way on the grill, then put in a roaster with mushroom gravy and baked in its own fatty juices for an hour or so. Served with some boiled to death vegetable, mashed potatos, and of course, gravy. I ate that meal every week for like four months, and although I liked it at first, by the end of the time there (and to this day) just the sight of that greasy beef wad made my stomach turn LOL. There's not too many meals out there that make me yell "I'm out!!!" but those are the two examples I could come up with as long as I've been on.

AB

hrecruit

Postby hrecruit » Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:50 pm

chicken burgers and fries the chicken burgers were like 1/2 of an inch thick kid you not and they were like cardboard. lol

Leafs Fan

Postby Leafs Fan » Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:07 pm

anytime liver is served I find myself ordering out. But the worst meal ever occured when the shift cook and another guy were talking about how rare they liked their roast beast. When it was served half the crew almost threw up, the thing was still mooing. :(

Scuba

Postby Scuba » Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:32 pm

Leafs Fan wrote:anytime liver is served I find myself ordering out. But the worst meal ever occured when the shift cook and another guy were talking about how rare they liked their roast beast. When it was served half the crew almost threw up, the thing was still mooing. :(

How can you not like liver????????? liver and onions mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

PEMS17

Postby PEMS17 » Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:27 am

ScubaJude wrote:How can you not like liver????????? liver and onions mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Fried in a pan with just flour. yes

Scuba

Postby Scuba » Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:27 am

PEMS17 wrote:Fried in a pan with just flour. yes

Dont forget a slab or three of bacon.......

*drool*

PEMS17

Postby PEMS17 » Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:29 am

ScubaJude wrote:Dont forget a slab or three of bacon.......

*drool*

Don't fancy the bacon, just the filter organ from the dead cow please!! :D

DFCSmash

Postby DFCSmash » Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:12 am

Well we don't eat many meals in our hall that arent pre made, our annual pickerel fry, our annual steal bbq. But.....

Leafs Fan, buddy: Food of the gods, and my kids love it too.

Liver dredged in flour, browned in pan. Casserole dish, layer of liver, layer of sliced Spanish onion, layer of bacon. Repeat until the casserole dish is full. Bake and dig on in. One of my favorite meals.
This is of course only my opinion. But then again, what else matters? It is not necessarily the opinion or policy of the department I belong to or the community I live in.

DCCHam "I agree with DFCSmash though"
goosebump "I have to agree with DFCSMASH"
iamvff "I need to borrow some of that good ole common sense of yours"
ScubaJude "DFCS-Great Reply"
PellattFire "I like your way of thinking though"

Proud member of the National Sarcasm Society
"Like we need your support"

PEMS17

Postby PEMS17 » Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:17 am

DFCSmash wrote:Well we don't eat many meals in our hall that arent pre made, our annual pickerel fry, our annual steal bbq. But.....

Leafs Fan, buddy: Food of the gods, and my kids love it too.

Liver dredged in flour, browned in pan. Casserole dish, layer of liver, layer of sliced Spanish onion, layer of bacon. Repeat until the casserole dish is full. Bake and dig on in. One of my favorite meals.

Ever get that wierd look at the choke and pukes on the highways when you would order liver and onions. The waitresses reactions were priceless. Almost expected a manager to come out and take a picture to hang on the wall or something :D