Worst Firehall Meal ever?

Discuss the latest prepared disaster by the chief (oops... or was that 'the chef'?). Success stories welcome as well...
bestcoast

Postby bestcoast » Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:34 pm

Anyone like haggis?? Or tried it before???......someone brought it in to the hall for a taste a few years back and I found it was disgusting.....................BC.................
Last edited by bestcoast on Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dentedhead

Postby dentedhead » Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:23 pm

bestcoast wrote:Anyone like haggis?? Or tried it before???......someone brought it in to the hall for a taste a few years back and I found it was disgusting.....................BC.................

What would you hydroponic lettuce eatin soy latte drinkin Vancouverites know aboot the pride ay Scotland?

Awright yon Simon Fraser's got no a bad pipeband, but c'moan well geez a brek!!! Haggis is the dugs bollocks!!

I wouldnt eat the ingredients seperately but when its all mixed up its magic!!Its also fun to tell the American tourists in Edinburgh where they can see a real live haggis in the woods.

Dentedhead
Thousand a week for hide and seek on call when Im paid to be.

Scuba

Postby Scuba » Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:26 pm

bestcoast wrote:Anyone like haggis?? Or tried it before???......someone brought it in to the hall for a taste a few years back and I found it was disgusting.....................BC.................

You edit way too much lol

btw.. oysters = yuck just for the record.

btw2.... real live haggis? That's just funny....
Last edited by Scuba on Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bestcoast

Postby bestcoast » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:17 am

Scuba wrote:You edit way too much lol

Yeah yeah I know. I looked thru the thread and had already complained about those disgusting Molluscs!!!...so had to move on to the even more disgusting haggis!!!................BC.............

bestcoast

Postby bestcoast » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:20 am

dentedhead wrote:What would you hydroponic lettuce eatin soy latte drinkin Vancouverites know aboot the pride ay Scotland?

Good point!!!.... :d ontknow: ...lol.......BC........

doc_

Postby doc_ » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:33 am

aye, haggis puts hair on your chest. (and a stain in yer kilt.)
semper eadam

iamvff

Postby iamvff » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:45 am

doc_ wrote:aye, haggis puts hair on your chest. (and a stain in yer kilt.)

Yeah...the back of your kilt!

iamvff
"You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink...BUT...if you hold it's head under long enough, it has to take a gulp sooner or later!" iamvff - 2010

ve2vfd

Postby ve2vfd » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:15 pm

Well, this is an old thread, but what the heck! Lets bump it!

Worst firehall meal I had? Our driver made deep fried chicken drumsticks with french fries. They were absolutely delicious!!! (I seldom eat anything fried)

Unfortunately it seems I got one that wasn't cooked properly... :D yeah....

I woke up around 3am that night and my insides felt like a witches brew pot, I had chills, and was sweating and shaking. I instantly knew what was up and trust me, it was quite awefull. I literally ran to the toilets and spent the rest of the night there! It was so painfull I even passed out on the floor a few times.

We were lucky to not get any calls that night, 'cause I would have booked sick leave on the spot! I spend 2 days of pure HELL because of that food poisonning.

And that was my worst station meal! :D

Pat
If electricity comes form electrons, then surely morality comes from...

FFbeaumont

Postby FFbeaumont » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:19 am

ve2vfd wrote:Well, this is an old thread, but what the heck! Lets bump it!

Worst firehall meal I had? Our driver made deep fried chicken drumsticks with french fries. They were absolutely delicious!!! (I seldom eat anything fried)

Unfortunately it seems I got one that wasn't cooked properly... :D yeah....

I woke up around 3am that night and my insides felt like a witches brew pot, I had chills, and was sweating and shaking. I instantly knew what was up and trust me, it was quite awefull. I literally ran to the toilets and spent the rest of the night there! It was so painfull I even passed out on the floor a few times.

We were lucky to not get any calls that night, 'cause I would have booked sick leave on the spot! I spend 2 days of pure HELL because of that food poisonning.

And that was my worst station meal! :D
Pat

Oh man, I am sorry but I haven't laughed that hard in a while. The same thing happened at are hall before I was on, the casualties were high, four guys went down, and replacements needed to be called in.......it was legendary.

FireInterviews

Postby FireInterviews » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:04 pm

Worst meal - A senior firefighter was going through our shift locker and found a brownie mix. He decided to make the brownies but realized after he made the brownies the mix was from 1980. One by one each firefighter took one and as soon as they bit into the brownie each firefighter spit it out and ran to the washroom to rince.