Fire Simulator Free

Banjoeyes

Fire Simulator Free

Postby Banjoeyes » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:49 am

Google search for firesimulator a free computer based fire simulator program. Quite nice actually in that it allows import and use of your own photos in generating scenarios for training. I tried to place the web address here but was unable.

Check it out

DCCHam

Postby DCCHam » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:18 am

If it's the one I just googled on there....it's any wonder that it's "free"....nobody would pay for that. :p

Here's the one that my department is looking at buying this year, http://www.digitalcombustion.com/

The instructor we had for two courses at the FDIC Atlantic last weekend used this, and it's a wicked tool! He was in no way associated with this company....and neither am I. :p

firefighter26

Postby firefighter26 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:00 pm

Damn, that's some interesting software there Ham..... looks like it is going to put me out of a hobby!!!

I think I'll have to download that V3 trial and see how it runs....
"No one ever called the fire department for doing something smart"
- Unknown

"If you don't like what you see, Why don't you fight it?
If you know there's something wrong, Why don't you right it?"
- Trooper

fire_code

Postby fire_code » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:49 pm

USC Viterbi wrote:A former Viterbi School computer science graduate student now has his PhD, and this thesis project continues in development as a way to train firefighters and other responders to fight conflagrations.

Viterbi School artificial intelligence expert Milind Tambe and Nathan Schurr (PhD 2007) brought the complex system into being; working directly with the L.A. County Fire Department as it evolved, making sure that it remained relevant and useful.
http://viterbi.usc.edu/news/news/2007/c ... thesis.htm

DCCHam

Postby DCCHam » Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:50 pm

I've been 'playing around' with our new 'Fire Studio 4- Digital Combustion' program, and it's pretty wild! I'm covering shipboard firefighting for this Monday's training, and am using some pictures of the tugboat that I work on. I can make a small fire on board grow into a big fire and it's so real looking, that you'd swear they were real videos.

I'm going to use the video presentation to go along with a discussion on how we would tackle a fire on board, and then follow it up with a tour of the actual boat.

I've also been using some pictures of my own house, as well as the Chief's house to simulate some very real looking structure fires.

Has anyone else had a chance to use this program?

naveed01

sultan

Postby naveed01 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:48 am

Can anyone tell me if the dispatch software that is out there has the capability of handling special needs ie: flagging business with hazardous materials, homes with handicapped, restricted or limited vehicle access, etc.
As a follow-up, is anyone taking advantage of these software capabilities?

fireguy86

Postby fireguy86 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:55 pm

[quote=""naveed01""]Can anyone tell me if the dispatch software that is out there has the capability of handling special needs ie: flagging business with hazardous materials, homes with handicapped, restricted or limited vehicle access, etc.
As a follow-up, is anyone taking advantage of these software capabilities?[/quote]

Late reply, I know.

Short answer: Yep and yep.

I'm a former dispatcher now firefighter. Ottawa fire currently employs building and radius (nearby) hazards, and they pop up whenever a call is entered.

Not all departments are using CAD to its full ability like that, however.