Does anyone use "IamResponding.com"?

Hacienda216

Postby Hacienda216 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:44 am

[quote=""DSeidberg""]...As far as the blackberry issue goes with not being able to disable caller-ID blocking as part of a speed-dial setting, we have not heard of that being an issue anywhere else, and presume that should be able to be resolved directly with the phone service provider. If it can not be, please let us know directly, and we will work with you to identify a solution...[/quote]

Thanks for the helpful offer, but unfortunately I'm with your competitor, haha. I will get around to checking with my service provider though. I'm sure they have a fix for it.

Deevo, not gov't issued, and you should see our slick new black-on-black rides. Very secret squirrel looking. They might come with a Crackberry actually.

Hacienda216

Postby Hacienda216 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:47 am

[quote=""deevo""]Are they our old ones? Tahoes or the ones Fantino didn't like? ha ha ha![/quote]

F150. Brand new. Not that the rookie gets to drive it anyways, but it is nice to look at, haha.

Hacienda216

Postby Hacienda216 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:48 pm

[quote=""deevo""]Okay..........Nice![/quote]

I keep thinking "Oh, some one has something new to say about Iamresponding.com". No, wait, just me and you hi-jacking the thread with our public private conversation...

Semi-related note for everyone else, I talked to my service provider, they have no idea why, and no idea how to fix, the fact that my BlackBerry won't dial out to the competitors service with the *82 prefix used to unblock my private number. So it looks like I'm outta the game for now.

Nagrom

Postby Nagrom » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:41 pm

I'll say something new about Iamresponding...

When I last posted, I had limited experience of the system.

I now have some more experience with it.

The issues that we are facing now are personnel related. Some people don't call in because they don't think it is worth it. For some, generally less than a minute or a minute and a half from the hall, it is not worth it. Some of the others that are not calling in probably should be.

Our cheif officers have blackberrys, and can access Iamresponding from those. They seem to use them a fair amount. This avoids them having to get on the radio during operations to ask who is at the station.

Call dispatching has improved, and has actually been working out fairly well. Our dispatch generally sends the address and type of call to our phones. This is helpful sometimes when people forget the civic number of a call. If the driver or officer in the truck (or others doing paper work at the station) need the address, someone usually has their phone handy so they can flip it out and give the address.

Another benefit of dispatch texts seems to be for people who are out of the area. Whether they come back to the area for the call, or happened to be heading back anyways, people will call in as delayed. This is helpful for determining if fresh firefighters are coming, or if we will shortly have a crew for coverage.

Non emergency messages used to be sent by dispatch on our nightly pager test. Now, they are sent through phone by our own members. I am sure the dispatchers like this feature.

We have had the system running for almost 3 months. It is such a part of our operations now it seems like we always had it.

guitarmedic87

Postby guitarmedic87 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:27 pm

*Bump*

Its been almost a year since anyone posted here.. Any new updates/experiences with Iamresponding.com. For the fellas who had only been using it for a few weeks/months when you first posted. What are your thoughts now?

We're are using a different text dispatching system that I liked initially, but recently there have been a few issues, and it looks like we pay alot more for alot less service. When the idea first came up I liked what iamresponding.com had to offer but couldn't get the department onboard so we went with a different service. Not sure that anyone is really happy with it, maybe with the new year soon here it might be worth looking into something different.

red_dog_six

Postby red_dog_six » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:26 am

Our department southwest of London tried to get it but they could not provide us a 1 800 number to call in. They set it up that every FF would have to call long distance on their cell for every call to check in. That didn't go over well as most can imagine.

Been over a year with still 1 800 so we have abandoned the trial project.
Andrew Baird
Dutton-Dunwich FD
Ontario, Canada
http://dutton-dunwich.firehallsites.com/

laraitsme

Postby laraitsme » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:51 pm

[quote=""Jay911""]Hi folks,

As the subject queries, is anyone using this service? For those who aren't familiar with it, it is a pretty slick-looking tool to augment your knowledge of who's attending when the pagers go off. In addition to giving the membership the ability to mark themselves as being en route to the station/scene with one speed-dialed call, there are other features like logging who is on duty, sending messages to department members, and all the services being accessible by the dispatcher, etc., making it look very attractive to departments like mine.

There are tons of testimonials on their site, but none of them a) have any info about cost and 2) have any reference to whether or not Canadian departments are able to use the service. I saw a comment on another forum that one US department is paying $60/month for the service. There's a link on the site to ask questions/request info, and an opportunity for requesting a two-month trial, both of which I intend to do after my vacation is over; but I'm hoping someone from Canada has got this service so I can know if it's even available to us.

Thanks in advance![/quote]

I am new about this http://www.IamResponding.com but let me give a try