Toronto 2019

bigsmoke

Re: Toronto 2019

Postby bigsmoke » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:58 pm

bigsmoke wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:57 pm
Last information I was provided, the next class in March will be selected from those who applied previously. I do not know what date previously means.

I believe the next recruitment will be for classes after the March class but as we have seen many times - it could change.

I have no idea if receiving a doc request means you will get an interview this time.
Keep your chins up and your sticks on the ice.
Annnnd an update. January for interviews is now how what it looks like. Sigh, keep you posted on any other updates

CeeCeeFire

Postby CeeCeeFire » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:46 pm

Hey question for anyone who has gone through the document verification with Toronto.

They ask to submit the OFAI certs prior to the date of application submission but these certs would now be expired. I was just wondering if I should send them both my current and expired or just what they've asked for.

They also add on their email to not submit anything that wasn't asked for.

Please if someone could just clarify what is should do.

Thanks !!

ratboy

Postby ratboy » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:25 pm

CeeCeeFire wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:46 pm
Hey question for anyone who has gone through the document verification with Toronto.

They ask to submit the OFAI certs prior to the date of application submission but these certs would now be expired. I was just wondering if I should send them both my current and expired or just what they've asked for.

Thanks !!
In the past Toronto will ask you to submit updated certs if they require them at time of interview for example. I don't know if they still do that, but I wouldn't submit anything more to them unless they contact you and specifically ask for updated certs.

kfire022

Postby kfire022 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:47 pm

Reading back on some of these posts and seeing that TFS is not opening up a new recruitment for the next class.

and taking from previously interviewed candidates, little disheartening as there have been many candidates that passed interview and didn't make it through due numbers and classes being full but had to reapply the next recruitment, and there's nothing anywhere on their website stating they where taking a pool of candidates. how ever it does say that you have to reapply at each recruitment with an ID and only apply once.
It would be nice to see some continuity on the way they do things.
Anyway we will see
Good luck to everyone

rookie0901

Postby rookie0901 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:48 pm

ratboy wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:25 pm
CeeCeeFire wrote:

Thanks !!
In the past Toronto will ask you to submit updated certs if they require them at time of interview for example. I don't know if they still do that, but I wouldn't submit anything more to them unless they contact you and specifically ask for updated certs.

Got my email and had the same problem with certs, contacted OFAI and they instructed me to take a screen shot of my account of the expired required certs and to send that as proof. They also said with so many people requiring proof of expired certs they were going to send a note to TO letting them know. Hope this helps, just send the documents you do have and screen shots of the expired certs.

CeeCeeFire

Postby CeeCeeFire » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:35 am

rookie0901 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:48 pm
ratboy wrote:
CeeCeeFire wrote:

Thanks !!

Got my email and had the same problem with certs, contacted OFAI and they instructed me to take a screen shot of my account of the expired required certs and to send that as proof. They also said with so many people requiring proof of expired certs they were going to send a note to TO letting them know. Hope this helps, just send the documents you do have and screen shots of the expired certs.
I can see how this is a problem because you can no longer download an expired certificate off the OFAI site. I do however have my old certs but I just wanted to know if that is what I should be sending. Also is it alright to just take a picture of all the documents and put it in a pdf?

Thanks for the help everyone and good luck :)

rookie0901

Postby rookie0901 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:57 pm

CeeCeeFire wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:35 am
rookie0901 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:48 pm
ratboy wrote:

I can see how this is a problem because you can no longer download an expired certificate off the OFAI site. I do however have my old certs but I just wanted to know if that is what I should be sending. Also is it alright to just take a picture of all the documents and put it in a pdf?

Thanks for the help everyone and good luck :)
If you have the originals I would just scan them to your desktop if you can and then load them into a a PDF using word, thats what I do. They want the certs that were valid when you applied, which for most if not all of us, will be at least 2 expired ones as its been longer then 6 months. If not, I'm sure taking pictures and putting them into a PDF works too, scanning them just allows for better photo quality.

Liebherr1050

Postby Liebherr1050 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:00 pm

Best practice would be to always keep a file with current and recently expired certs. Toronto only wanted the certs that were valid at time of application, I had sent an updated cert in as I was between stages and the reply had stated they only cared about time of application, if they want anything updated, they’ll ask. I have heard they already have pulled names for the next round of interviews l. How they got them I can’t verify but class is early next year and nothing has been said about when individuals will be able to apply.

Best of luck to all in the system, it’s worth it when you get there.

FireFit24

Postby FireFit24 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:58 pm

Does anyone know what happens with people who interviewed and were unsuccessful? Do those people have to wait until the next posting as well?

ratboy

Postby ratboy » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:18 pm

FireFit24 wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:58 pm
Does anyone know what happens with people who interviewed and were unsuccessful? Do those people have to wait until the next posting as well?
For sure, it would be extremely unlikely that they would re-interview someone from the same recruitment who had already interviewed previously in that recruitment. That being said, it's very common for people do get interviews back to back in consecutive recruitments. So if you got one this time, and you reapply next time they post, you have a pretty good chance of getting another interview........silver lining I guess.