Toronto - July 2022 - NEW

FireInterviews

Toronto - July 2022 - NEW

Postby FireInterviews » Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:01 pm

HGuinness

Re: Toronto - July 2022 - NEW

Postby HGuinness » Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:40 pm

I’m confused with the medical stuff, it says

Possession of a current and valid minimum level CPR BLS/HCP Certificate or higher (e.g., EMR) issued prior to the date of application submission
Possession of a current and valid minimum level Standard First Aid Certificate, issued by a WSIB approved First Aid Trainer prior to the date of application submission

I have EMR through the Canadian Red Cross and an instructor with them. They are asking for two certs when it sounds like it’s just 1.

Can someone elaborate on specifically what they are asking for here?

CSB94

Postby CSB94 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:12 pm

HGuinness wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:40 pm

Possession of a current and valid minimum level CPR BLS/HCP Certificate or higher (e.g., EMR) issued prior to the date of application submission
Possession of a current and valid minimum level Standard First Aid Certificate, issued by a WSIB approved First Aid Trainer prior to the date of application submission

I have EMR through the Canadian Red Cross and an instructor with them. They are asking for two certs when it sounds like it’s just 1.

I think they’re asking for for the two! So BLS at the minimum OR EMR if you have that. THEN your Standard First aid Certificate. They’re two separate certificates, Atleast that’s what i have! Maybe someone else can elaborate more!

KMan510

Postby KMan510 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:26 pm

HGuinness wrote:

They mistakenly conflated EMR and CPR BLS.

EMR is an advanced first aid qualification which should be considered as exceeding the standard first aid requirement. CPR BLS is the new CPR HCP.

TL,DR: EMR ≠ CPR BLS. You need to possess CPR BLS AND standard first aid (or higher) qualifications.

Fire322

Postby Fire322 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:14 am

HGuinness wrote:

If you do not have EMR or EFR you will need to have standard first aid and CPR BLS. The classes for EFR or EMR merges both the first aid and CPR into one class that is a 40 or 80 course. When I got on I applied and sent my EFR certificate only for Doc’s which satisfied both requirements. Other wise you’ll have to upload 2 separate documents. I hope this helps.

Fire322

Postby Fire322 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:15 am

Fire322 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:14 am
HGuinness wrote:

If you do not have EMR or EFR you will need to have standard first aid and CPR BLS. The classes for EFR or EMR merges both the first aid and CPR into one class that is a 40 or 80 hour course. When I got on I applied and sent my EFR certificate only for Doc’s which satisfied both requirements. Other wise you’ll have to upload 2 separate documents. I hope this helps.