Toronto 2014

wides23

Postby wides23 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:09 am

So are you saying that those of us with Emergency Medical Responder CPR/AED-HCP from the Canadian Red Cross now have to go out and do a weekend course for standard first aid as well?! That sounds ridiculous considering the amount of time spent doing first aid in the EMR course...

shantzy88

Postby shantzy88 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:46 am

[quote=""wides23""]So are you saying that those of us with Emergency Medical Responder CPR/AED-HCP from the Canadian Red Cross now have to go out and do a weekend course for standard first aid as well?! That sounds ridiculous considering the amount of time spent doing first aid in the EMR course...[/quote]

What you have is exactly what they're asking for. You're good to go!

wickmac24

Postby wickmac24 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:24 am

EMR certificate is what you need!!

clwr0012

Postby clwr0012 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:02 am

So now that we have the EMR questions out of the way. When will Toronto open? Seems kind of short notice to have applications in by March.

Pondduck

Postby Pondduck » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:19 am

just to clarify for all, when I said I had heard that there were "thousands of applicants last year", i had been given that phrase, not a number, by a member of the HR team at Toronto Fire, but AXEONTHEROOF is right when he says that I wasn't given any indication as to weather they were considered qualified or not.

my bad.

Devaughn

Postby Devaughn » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:50 am

I've contacted HR regarding the EMR certification, and they didn't really appear to have any definition in regards to what an "EMR" certification fell under. All I was really told was to contact Red Cross, and ask them, to which they didn't know either. I'm not sure if anyone else is in the same situation as me, but I have an EMR certificate, and am licensing within another Canadian province, that wasn't completed through the red cross. is this void, and is there some unknown expiry date attached to the Certificate?

f1refite

Postby f1refite » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:24 am

Rescue 7 Inc. offers EMR (Emergency Medical Responder) Training at our Markham and Toronto training facilities as well as various other locations in Canada. In business since 1998, Rescue 7’s Instructors are frontline professionals and added values include tracking, custom courses/manuals and online blended training. Fully insured, WSIB compliant and WSIB Clearance. Please visit http://www.rescue7.net or call 1-888-294-4208.

wetstuffredstuff

Postby wetstuffredstuff » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:43 pm

i don't think anyone has mentioned this but it looks like they are changing to hiring process as well:

"An application process will open for each hiring period. You must apply to each hiring period separately. You will not be able to transfer your application between hiring periods. If you were unsuccessful or not selected for a hiring process you must reapply; your application will not migrate from one hiring period to another. Successful submission of an application does not guarantee employment.

Our on-going application process for the Operations Firefighter job call will generally occur through three (3) hiring periods annually: January/February (Winter), May/June (Spring) and September/October (Fall). "

So I guess this is good that we can apply up to 3 times per year, but a dramatic change in that they seem like they won't be keeping a list for a year+

Probie91

Postby Probie91 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:26 pm

[quote=""wetstuffredstuff""]i don't think anyone has mentioned this but it looks like they are changing to hiring process as well:

"An application process will open for each hiring period. You must apply to each hiring period separately. You will not be able to transfer your application between hiring periods. If you were unsuccessful or not selected for a hiring process you must reapply; your application will not migrate from one hiring period to another. Successful submission of an application does not guarantee employment.

Our on-going application process for the Operations Firefighter job call will generally occur through three (3) hiring periods annually: January/February (Winter), May/June (Spring) and September/October (Fall). "

So I guess this is good that we can apply up to 3 times per year, but a dramatic change in that they seem like they won't be keeping a list for a year+[/quote]

Yeah, by the sounds of that, there won't be any lists at all. Some pro's and cons really

Pyrotech

Postby Pyrotech » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:07 pm

[quote=""clwr0012""]So now that we have the EMR questions out of the way. When will Toronto open? Seems kind of short notice to have applications in by March.[/quote]

February 22 - March 14

On the main career page