Ottawa Recruitment 2014

firefightme

Postby firefightme » Tue May 20, 2014 12:54 am

[quote=""Beach""]Hey just have a question about payment for someone who was paying more attention than I was apparently. Do we have to wait to submit payment? Because I tried at the second last step of the application but nothing seemed to happen so I continued on and submitted my application. However, I did not submit any payment or payment information. So, was that supposed to be done already or is that a step that takes place after we have been contacted to write the test?[/quote]

Hey Beach, you better log back in and try again. Your payment must be received before the end of May with your application. (You were able to complete the application because some people mail in their money order.) You will get an email confirming your online payment was successful.

If you're still having issues with online payment, contact 311 and they will put you in touch with HR.

ekm09

Postby ekm09 » Tue May 20, 2014 10:03 am

[quote=""Beach""]Hey just have a question about payment for someone who was paying more attention than I was apparently. Do we have to wait to submit payment? Because I tried at the second last step of the application but nothing seemed to happen so I continued on and submitted my application. However, I did not submit any payment or payment information. So, was that supposed to be done already or is that a step that takes place after we have been contacted to write the test?[/quote]

On the payment page, at the top left there's a little box that says 'online payment' with a green check next to it. You have to click on that and another page will pop up to make your payment.

Beach

Postby Beach » Tue May 20, 2014 5:44 pm

Hey thanks for the replies gunna try and log on and pay and if not get in touch with HR.

mike1723

Postby mike1723 » Wed May 21, 2014 7:53 pm

Hey guys,

do you know if Ottawa wants us to post proof of our first aid/cpr certs on our job profiles?

Or just bring them to the test day in september?

mseg88

Postby mseg88 » Wed May 21, 2014 9:46 pm

hey Mike, they will usually ask them at the first interview... that's how the past 2 recruitment have worked

FFWannabe

Postby FFWannabe » Thu May 22, 2014 11:12 am

[quote=""mike1723""]Hey guys,

do you know if Ottawa wants us to post proof of our first aid/cpr certs on our job profiles?

Or just bring them to the test day in september?[/quote]

They ask for them on test day. You won't be allowed in to write without proper proof of qualifications. (Not sure what they want to see proof of when you apply, only half helpful).

FDready

Postby FDready » Thu May 22, 2014 12:20 pm

You must have your first aid and CPR up to date exactly to the specifications on the application with you ON TEST DAY
If you do not show up with the proper paper work ON TEST DAY when you register that morning you will be told to go home. They will even turn you away if you drove eight plus hours or even flew in from out west to get there. So make sure you have the proper certificates with you.

mike1723

Postby mike1723 » Thu May 22, 2014 4:01 pm

ok thanks guys, yeah I figured that, it just said to have them by may 31st so I wasn't sure if they wanted to see proof first or not

good luck on test day guys

wnameth

Postby wnameth » Thu May 22, 2014 6:26 pm

If i have a first responder with CPR HCP when applying but my EMR while writing the tests would i still have to bring my FR card ?

FDready

Postby FDready » Thu May 22, 2014 7:36 pm

Bring your certs that are dated before May 31st. If you update it after may 31st then bring both. Remember you have to have your first aid and CPR before the application deadline, not a week before the test. Bring everything you've got so you don't get turned away for not bringing that one piece you didn't think you need.