Ottawa Recruitment 2014

Budley

Postby Budley » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:09 pm

Not all emails have gone out. If they have, then I'll be calling hr next week. No word as of yet.
Last edited by Budley on Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Typo

Matt210

Postby Matt210 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:45 pm

Did you check your junk mail?

bishop1234

Postby bishop1234 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:17 pm

Hey I ended up scoring relatively low on my OS test. I was wondering if anyone who scored high on it could message me. I just dont understand why I scored so low. Would be greatly appreciated. Congrats to everyone who made it to the next phase. All the best!

Vigiles

Postby Vigiles » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:09 pm

[quote=""bishop1234""]Hey I ended up scoring relatively low on my OS test. I was wondering if anyone who scored high on it could message me. I just dont understand why I scored so low. Would be greatly appreciated. Congrats to everyone who made it to the next phase. All the best![/quote]

How would you know your results yet?

In my email and all of my friends emails it said you weren't allowed to ask for results until Nov. 1st.

Vigiles

bishop1234

Postby bishop1234 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:57 pm

Should of clarified, I received my results back from Sarnia and even though I passed the test in Ottawa I failed Sarnia because I scored low on my OS. Which doesn't make a hole lot of sense to me only because the traits it was looking for in a individual I am confident I am more then competent in each subject. So to answer your question I did not receive my results.

wnameth

Postby wnameth » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:58 am

[quote=""bishop1234""]Should of clarified, I received my results back from Sarnia and even though I passed the test in Ottawa I failed Sarnia because I scored low on my OS. Which doesn't make a hole lot of sense to me only because the traits it was looking for in a individual I am confident I am more then competent in each subject. So to answer your question I did not receive my results.[/quote]

Ottawa considered a pass as 3/4 on the OS. Sarnia required a 4/4 section pass for the OS.

jfbelisle

Postby jfbelisle » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:30 am

[quote=""bishop1234""]Should of clarified, I received my results back from Sarnia and even though I passed the test in Ottawa I failed Sarnia because I scored low on my OS. Which doesn't make a hole lot of sense to me only because the traits it was looking for in a individual I am confident I am more then competent in each subject. So to answer your question I did not receive my results.[/quote]

I don't want to start a debate on the OS test on this thread. But here is the some of the results I got in the past.
- Hamilton recruit in April 2012: passed OS with 4 components out of 4
- Ottawa recruit in September 2012: exact same test as in Hamilton, failed OS with 2 components out of 4

I have passed and failed the OS randomly everywhere I wrote that test. I have always answered the same way, which is the most honestly. I have wrote this test so many times, I remember exactly my previous answers. It just gets more and more confusing every time I have to write it. From my point of view, this test is simply a toss of the coin. One test you're lucky, the other test you are not. And the most frustrating, is that we have no way to validate the integrity of that test.

TGavinL62

Postby TGavinL62 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:03 am

Seems like a roll of the dice!....Here's my theory; The city hiring gives Glehill-Shaw the characteristics / aptitudes etc... of what (who) they want in their hiring pool, you are then scored on those, hence pass or fail in different cities. Who knows, points could be given for different questions in different cities because they are looking for people who think a certain way.

But, I've only tested in Ottawa, prepared the same, answered the same and passed the same and soon I will get to know if I scored the same.
Last edited by TGavinL62 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

pips11

Postby pips11 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:52 am

[quote=""jfbelisle""]I don't want to start a debate on the OS test on this thread. But here is the some of the results I got in the past.
- Hamilton recruit in April 2012: passed OS with 4 components out of 4
- Ottawa recruit in September 2012: exact same test as in Hamilton, failed OS with 2 components out of 4

I have passed and failed the OS randomly everywhere I wrote that test. I have always answered the same way, which is the most honestly. I have wrote this test so many times, I remember exactly my previous answers. It just gets more and more confusing every time I have to write it. From my point of view, this test is simply a toss of the coin. One test you're lucky, the other test you are not. And the most frustrating, is that we have no way to validate the integrity of that test.[/quote]

Man I was just brining this up in the Sarnia thread. I passed Ottawa but failed by a large margin with the Sarnia Exam aka the exact same exam word for word. Very frustrating I feel everyones pain, confusion, frustration...

NeverGiveup

Postby NeverGiveup » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:08 pm

Sarnia was a joke....I scored 91% on the cps, passed all components of os and still did not get an invite because my score was 75. Sarnia didn't care if you pass/fail just your score on the os. My os 58% and cps 91%.....tough cookie to swallow