Vancouver 2014

Wolf17

Postby Wolf17 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:08 am

[quote=""Mike31""]I found that the first few sections (math/mechanical/english) was exactly what was on the practice test which was good. As for the last two sections, I have no idea. This was my first test i`ve written by the way.[/quote]

I found the situational questions a little more grey/harder than the practice exam.
(Most appropriate / Lease appropriate) Not all of them, just a couple felt like they had two answers and it was hard to decipher which was worse or better.

All in all, it wasn't that bad. Any idea when we find out if we passed or failed?

wnameth

Postby wnameth » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:30 pm

Generally how much notice do they give for the physical? (Coming from out of province and flights certainly aren't getting any cheaper)

YoungFire

Postby YoungFire » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:28 pm

[quote=""wnameth""]Generally how much notice do they give for the physical? (Coming from out of province and flights certainly aren't getting any cheaper)[/quote]

Last year they sent me an email for the January 10th physical on the the 16th of December. So about 3 weeks notice which gave me more then enough time to get a flight at a decent rate.

wnameth

Postby wnameth » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:33 pm

[quote=""YoungFire""]Last year they sent me an email for the January 10th physical on the the 16th of December. So about 3 weeks notice which gave me more then enough time to get a flight at a decent rate.[/quote]

Okay awesome, thanks! That's more notice than we had for the written.

Pegasus

Postby Pegasus » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:56 pm

did anyone ever end up hearing how many they are looking to hire?

YoungFire

Postby YoungFire » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:23 pm

[quote=""wnameth""]Okay awesome, thanks! That's more notice than we had for the written.[/quote]

Ya it was pretty short notice this year for the aptitude. I'm also out of province and I've certainly invested some money in hiring processes this year. West Jet REALLY likes me as a customer.

Wolf17

Postby Wolf17 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:47 pm

[quote=""Pegasus""]did anyone ever end up hearing how many they are looking to hire?[/quote]

I heard 20, but it's all he-said-she-said.

FrankFruiter

Postby FrankFruiter » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:40 am

what was up with the square boxes at the start? can anyone shed some light? made no sense to me...I obviously missed the concept.

YoungFire

Postby YoungFire » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:47 pm

[quote=""FrankFruiter""]what was up with the square boxes at the start? can anyone shed some light? made no sense to me...I obviously missed the concept.[/quote]

So the general idea was that they show you a box with several symbols on it, now they flip that box one direction. Up,down,left or right. Then it is up to you to determine which of the 5 boxes is possible based on what your boxes symbols were before it was flipped and only one is possible. There was a example question before the test questions and it explained all that I just said.

BenBen

Physical

Postby BenBen » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:17 am

Just wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to pass the physical and not get invited for an interview? Passing the Vancouver physical in under 5.20 is pretty straight forward, and as far as I understand it is a "pass / fail " test. The detailed resume check is happening at the moment, so I'm assuming they are not going to do another detailed check after the physicals. Any thoughts?