Central York

Firefly09

Central York

Postby Firefly09 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:22 pm

Hi guys,

Just letting you know that Central York is recruiting full time firefighters.

You can find more information here:

Rescue78

Postby Rescue78 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:44 pm

9 days to apply. Get your applications in.
Most people train until they do it right.
Professionals train until they can't do it wrong.

ForrestHarvard

Postby ForrestHarvard » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:16 pm

Any truth to a new station? Possibly a big hire?

Rescue78

Postby Rescue78 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:43 pm

A new station is at the planning phase. The hiring to staff it is scaled over the next 3 years. This hiring will be for 8 positions.
Most people train until they do it right.
Professionals train until they can't do it wrong.

jsymonds

Postby jsymonds » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:36 pm

I'm hoping someone can help. CYFS requires a vulnerable sector screen upon applying online. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? I went to the Police Headquarters downtown Toronto (where I am a resident) and they told me they cannot provide this because the city of Newmarket is not registered with them in order to be able to complete this. Also, to be able to get one from CY Police Services, you need to be a resident of CY (Newmarket).

Please help

ratboy

Postby ratboy » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:21 pm

[quote=""jsymonds""]I'm hoping someone can help. CYFS requires a vulnerable sector screen upon applying online. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? I went to the Police Headquarters downtown Toronto (where I am a resident) and they told me they cannot provide this because the city of Newmarket is not registered with them in order to be able to complete this. Also, to be able to get one from CY Police Services, you need to be a resident of CY (Newmarket).

Please help[/quote]
New Market is registered with City of Toronto, you have to email New Market HR and ask them to provide you with the signed form for the Toronto VSS screening. You are also going to have to pay $110 to get the screening. Toronto is giant hassle and rip off with their VSS.

ForrestHarvard

Postby ForrestHarvard » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:38 pm

[quote=""jsymonds""]I'm hoping someone can help. CYFS requires a vulnerable sector screen upon applying online. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? I went to the Police Headquarters downtown Toronto (where I am a resident) and they told me they cannot provide this because the city of Newmarket is not registered with them in order to be able to complete this. Also, to be able to get one from CY Police Services, you need to be a resident of CY (Newmarket).

Please help[/quote]

Unfortunately the process is annoying as rat boy mentioned. But the chance to work for Central York is worth it. They make a list, let you know where you stand, and seem like a great department to work for. Good luck, keep at it.

jsymonds

Postby jsymonds » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:50 pm

Thanks Guys

NorthwardFire

Postby NorthwardFire » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:25 am

Here's hoping they get the numbers they want. OFAI certainly reduces the number of applicants.

Had all my certs lined up just to to find out they want a swim test too. 25$ and a 5 hour trip to Brampton for a 10 minute test ffs.

NorthwardFire

Postby NorthwardFire » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:13 pm

Anyone else having issues uploading certs?

The max is 5 and between CV, Resume, OFAI 1-3(4 certs total), Swim Test, abstract, police check, etc. I'm well over the limit. Tried to combine and it says the file size is too large if it's over 1 document per file.

Any tips?

Was also told not to contact HR/CYFS at any point during the recruitment.