Toronto 2018

EVH5150

Re: Toronto 2018

Postby EVH5150 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:36 pm

I submitted mine last recruitment (wallet card stating cpr hcp / first aid in one), after inquiring with hr.

I submitted the same scan this time. I got through interviews with that submission last time so it should be ok.

titan500

Postby titan500 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:46 pm

EVH5150 wrote:I submitted mine last recruitment (wallet card stating cpr hcp / first aid in one), after inquiring with hr.

I submitted the same scan this time. I got through interviews with that submission last time so it should be ok.

Thanks EVH5150!

Strange, I didn't see a spot to add additional documents for this application. I highlighted my application, pressed "File Manager" and it says, and I quote:

"This job does not require any optional attachments."

Ah well, seems they are just keeping people on file for 6 months and pulling them as they see fit.

sparky2018

Postby sparky2018 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:17 pm

titan500 wrote:Silly question but what is the difference between these two?

Possession of current and valid standard First Aid Certificate issued by a WSIB approved First Aid Trainer, issued prior to the date of application submission.

and

Possession of a current and valid minimum level CPR HCP certificate issued prior to the date of application submission.

Usually First Aid / CPR HCP is issued as one thing. Why are they specifically separate on the post?

Usually a Standard First Aid course for the general public will come with a level 'C' CPR certificate. HCP (Health Care Provider) CPR is a different level, and usually comes with First Responder or EMR certification. Standard First Aid/First Responder/EMR usually have an expiry of 3 years, but the CPR portion can usually expire within 1. Hopefully this clarifies it a little bit.

bigsmoke

Postby bigsmoke » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:31 pm

sparky2018 wrote:
MooseInit wrote:Any idea on past timelines from open to close dates? (ie: 20 days, 1 month.)
Not many dates open to recert stage 3
It doesn’t look like they actually have a close date for this, I think bigsmoke had mentioned in the previous thread that they might be changing up the application procedures, which is what it looks like they’ve done.
Yes, recruitment stays open indefinitely. 2 classes planned for this year.

TheGuy

Postby TheGuy » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:23 pm

Summer and winter classes

wreckless

Postby wreckless » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:13 pm

So I’m guessing you don’t upload a PDF file with documents now strange

zjsummers

Postby zjsummers » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:14 pm

I just applied with my Resume & Cover letter. Nowhere in the application did it ask you to upload all required documents yet. They said they will ask for a doc request from those who move forward.

dnation

Postby dnation » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:18 pm

zjsummers wrote:I just applied with my Resume & Cover letter. Nowhere in the application did it ask you to upload all required documents yet. They said they will ask for a doc request from those who move forward.

So I think they just changed things.
I applied April 5th when the job posting opened. My current document uploaded is the PDF with Documents lastname, firstname with my resume, and all required documents which was CTS 1,2,3, NFPA 1001, 472, First aid and CPR with additional EMR cert.

I just re-looked at the job posting, they removed that statement saying "your file name must be documents lastname, firstname" and the PDF with all required documents.

Can anyone else confirm this?

zjsummers

Postby zjsummers » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:32 pm

dnation wrote:
zjsummers wrote:I just applied with my Resume & Cover letter. Nowhere in the application did it ask you to upload all required documents yet. They said they will ask for a doc request from those who move forward.

So I think they just changed things.
I applied April 5th when the job posting opened. My current document uploaded is the PDF with Documents lastname, firstname with my resume, and all required documents which was CTS 1,2,3, NFPA 1001, 472, First aid and CPR with additional EMR cert.

I just re-looked at the job posting, they removed that statement saying "your file name must be documents lastname, firstname" and the PDF with all required documents.

Can anyone else confirm this?

I saw that the first day as well...which was April 5. I didn't apply until yesterday and they had removed it. I made sure I looked through the application three times before noticing it was removed.

wreckless

Postby wreckless » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:37 pm

Yes I did same as went got my file all set then notice it’s changed so I’m assuming like before as stated will email looking for documentation best of luck everyone