Brampton 2018

sparky2018
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:00 pm

Brampton 2018

Postby sparky2018 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:14 pm

Brampton will be open on September 10th to September 30th. OFAI 1-3, DZ, 1001 and first aid required. More info on their website.

http://www.brampton.ca/EN/residents/fir ... ocess.aspx

cscapinello
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:33 pm

Re: Brampton 2018

Postby cscapinello » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:32 am

This feels like a silly question but I've always been curious - When first aid min requirement is requested do they see an EMR certificate and recognize it as above and beyond basic first aid or do they just strictly look for that first aid certificate

infernobuster
Posts: 515
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:33 pm

Re: Brampton 2018

Postby infernobuster » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:14 am

They see it as you meeting the requirements as requested and nothing more.

To gain recognitition for courses it should be higher than EMR ie AEMR, BTLS, ITLS etc

sfd18
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:33 pm

Re: Brampton 2018

Postby sfd18 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:22 pm

If you DO NOT have 1001 or OFAI, you do not need to acquire it unless you receive a CJO? And further, you have 18 months to get it? Thats different.

sparky2018
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:00 pm

Re: Brampton 2018

Postby sparky2018 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:32 pm

sfd18 wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:22 pm
If you DO NOT have 1001 or OFAI, you do not need to acquire it unless you receive a CJO? And further, you have 18 months to get it? Thats different.
I thought the same. I’ve seen it before where you can get your 1001 after a CJO, but not having your OFAI at time of application is a new one.

Is anyone else having trouble finding a link to apply?

sfd18
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:33 pm

Re: Brampton 2018

Postby sfd18 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:58 pm

sparky2018 wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:32 pm
sfd18 wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:22 pm
If you DO NOT have 1001 or OFAI, you do not need to acquire it unless you receive a CJO? And further, you have 18 months to get it? Thats different.
I thought the same. I’ve seen it before where you can get your 1001 after a CJO, but not having your OFAI at time of application is a new one.

Is anyone else having trouble finding a link to apply?
It's a bit of a kick in the nuts to those that have spent the time and money to get their OFAI certs

sfd18
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:33 pm

Re: Brampton 2018

Postby sfd18 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:00 pm


sparky2018
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:00 pm

Re: Brampton 2018

Postby sparky2018 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:05 pm

sfd18 wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:58 pm
sparky2018 wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:32 pm
sfd18 wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:22 pm
If you DO NOT have 1001 or OFAI, you do not need to acquire it unless you receive a CJO? And further, you have 18 months to get it? Thats different.
I thought the same. I’ve seen it before where you can get your 1001 after a CJO, but not having your OFAI at time of application is a new one.

Is anyone else having trouble finding a link to apply?
It's a bit of a kick in the nuts to those that have spent the time and money to get their OFAI certs
I agree, almost seems redundant. I almost wonder if it’s a typo on their website and that was supposed to only be under the 1001 requirement. I guess we’ll find out soon

bwigner
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:33 pm
Location: Beeton

Re: Brampton 2018

Postby bwigner » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:01 am

sparky2018 wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:05 pm
sfd18 wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:58 pm
sparky2018 wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:32 pm


I thought the same. I’ve seen it before where you can get your 1001 after a CJO, but not having your OFAI at time of application is a new one.

Is anyone else having trouble finding a link to apply?
It's a bit of a kick in the nuts to those that have spent the time and money to get their OFAI certs
I agree, almost seems redundant. I almost wonder if it’s a typo on their website and that was supposed to only be under the 1001 requirement. I guess we’ll find out soon
I would say that preference would go to those who already have the certs though.

dcjyoung92
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:33 pm

Re: Brampton 2018

Postby dcjyoung92 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:24 am

sparky2018 wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:32 pm
sfd18 wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:22 pm
If you DO NOT have 1001 or OFAI, you do not need to acquire it unless you receive a CJO? And further, you have 18 months to get it? Thats different.
I thought the same. I’ve seen it before where you can get your 1001 after a CJO, but not having your OFAI at time of application is a new one.

Is anyone else having trouble finding a link to apply?
Did you end up finding the link to apply? Having the same trouble on my end. "Click Here" is un-clickable.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests