Toronto 2019

SceneStabilizer
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:14 pm

Re: Toronto 2019

Postby SceneStabilizer » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:58 pm

From past posts I assume infernobuster is with Brampton. A strong number of people while trying to get full time are still first responders with their volley hall. It is not a personal attack against you The guy but if you re read your post you do come across as somebody I wouldn’t want on my crew when the going gets tough, weather your intention or not. I understand what you might have been trying to say but the fact is every good first responder wants to do their part in a time of crisis. Risk a lot save a lot. For you to say nobody on this site knows what they are talking about would be false. That being said just be cautious of how you come across when posting and in the meantime take care of yourself and your family.

TheGuy
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:33 pm

Re: Toronto 2019

Postby TheGuy » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:22 pm

SceneStabilizer wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:58 pm
From past posts I assume infernobuster is with Brampton. A strong number of people while trying to get full time are still first responders with their volley hall. It is not a personal attack against you The guy but if you re read your post you do come across as somebody I wouldn’t want on my crew when the going gets tough, weather your intention or not. I understand what you might have been trying to say but the fact is every good first responder wants to do their part in a time of crisis. Risk a lot save a lot. For you to say nobody on this site knows what they are talking about would be false. That being said just be cautious of how you come across when posting and in the meantime take care of yourself and your family.
Don't put words in my mouth. Never once did I say that no one on this site knows what they are talking about.

As for the comment about me being on your crew, well I guess you are lucky then, because I am not on your crew so you don't have to worry about it... I think you take what I am saying to mean that I wouldn't want to do work when required. There is a big difference between wanting to do work when the going gets tough, knowing you can provide a positive outcome, and another entirely when saying you don't WANT to expose yourself to the potential, for next to no positive outcome. Never once did I say I wouldn't work, I said I wouldn't WANT to... big difference.

Firemon89
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:39 pm

Re: Toronto 2019

Postby Firemon89 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:55 pm

Hey just started a new thread for Toronto 2020... maybe a new thread will keep the conversation about hiring and information on hiring.

infernobuster
Posts: 528
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:33 pm

Re: Toronto 2019

Postby infernobuster » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:26 pm

TheGuy wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:56 am
infernobuster wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:20 pm
Hearing that most cities are putting any recruitments on hold. More than likely that means this year no one will get hired due to whats going on.

As for someone saying they dont want to be involved in the current crisis, should look elsewhere for a job.
Why should I look for a different job because I don't want to risk getting my family sick or worse, including myself? With the current lack of PPE? It's not like fire does much for covid anyways in Toronto.

Please don't speak to which you know not
Lol.
No one wants to get sick or their families. Thats why we have protocols to follow and PPE to wear.
"fire doesnt do much for COVID?" lmao ..

nice attitude bud. You wont get hired like that .. if you do id hope you were on my crew. Id give you something to think about every shift.

Please apply here;
www.McDonalds.ca
They are hiring.

TheGuy
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:33 pm

Re: Toronto 2019

Postby TheGuy » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:14 pm

infernobuster wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:26 pm
TheGuy wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:56 am
infernobuster wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:20 pm
Hearing that most cities are putting any recruitments on hold. More than likely that means this year no one will get hired due to whats going on.

As for someone saying they dont want to be involved in the current crisis, should look elsewhere for a job.
Why should I look for a different job because I don't want to risk getting my family sick or worse, including myself? With the current lack of PPE? It's not like fire does much for covid anyways in Toronto.

Please don't speak to which you know not
Lol.
No one wants to get sick or their families. Thats why we have protocols to follow and PPE to wear.
"fire doesnt do much for COVID?" lmao ..

nice attitude bud. You wont get hired like that .. if you do id hope you were on my crew. Id give you something to think about every shift.

Please apply here;
www.McDonalds.ca
They are hiring.
Sigh...

Didn't want this to be a pissing match... but
I've been hired for quite a few years now already, but thanks bud. I'd love to have you on my crew, we could debate all day long about what you think you do or do not do at a covid call. I can personally guarantee I have attended more patients suspected and positive than you have, and will continue to do as such.

as for the mcdonalds option, what exactly is wrong with working at mcdonalds? you do realize firefighting is just a job, like everything else. Reign in your EGO a bit there buster

infernobuster
Posts: 528
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:33 pm

Re: Toronto 2019

Postby infernobuster » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:36 pm

Sigh...

Didn't want this to be a pissing match... but
I've been hired for quite a few years now already, but thanks bud. I'd love to have you on my crew, we could debate all day long about what you think you do or do not do at a covid call. I can personally guarantee I have attended more patients suspected and positive than you have, and will continue to do as such.

as for the mcdonalds option, what exactly is wrong with working at mcdonalds? you do realize firefighting is just a job, like everything else. Reign in your EGO a bit there buster
[/quote]

You might want to take your own advice bud ..

As for running more COVID patients than me, doubtful .. very doubtful.

jonez76
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:33 pm

Re: Toronto 2019

Postby jonez76 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:13 am

Can we please hold this forum to a higher standard. There is a personal message option available for private conversations. We are all a little frustrated with what is going on, stay positive through this people!

TheGuy
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:33 pm

Re: Toronto 2019

Postby TheGuy » Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:52 pm

infernobuster wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:36 pm
Sigh...

Didn't want this to be a pissing match... but
I've been hired for quite a few years now already, but thanks bud. I'd love to have you on my crew, we could debate all day long about what you think you do or do not do at a covid call. I can personally guarantee I have attended more patients suspected and positive than you have, and will continue to do as such.

as for the mcdonalds option, what exactly is wrong with working at mcdonalds? you do realize firefighting is just a job, like everything else. Reign in your EGO a bit there buster
You might want to take your own advice bud ..

As for running more COVID patients than me, doubtful .. very doubtful.
[/quote]

Ironic that you cannot see just how over inflated your ego is.

As for your rebuttal, I assure you it is correct. Doubt it all you want.

17-O
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:48 pm

Re: Toronto 2019

Postby 17-O » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:33 pm

this is comedy, please continue.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: industrialfirefighter and 14 guests