The Fort McMurray Fire Department is now recruiting. If you are looking for a challenging full-time career, with great opportunities for advancement and career development be sure to apply online at www.rmwb.ca. This is going to be a very fast recruitment process, so be prepared to relocate if you chose to apply.
Here are the details:
The Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo is looking to fill multiple Firefighter/Paramedic positions. The Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo has exciting and challenging career opportunities for Firefighter/Paramedics. The Fort McMurray Fire Department is a fully integrated Fire/EMS service that provides advanced life support including helicopter life flight, fire, and rescue services within our region. These positions are within the IAFF Local 2494 Union.
As an employee of the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo Regional Emergency Services (RES) Department, the incumbent will have the following principle duties and responsibilities:
• Safely respond and work at emergency and non-emergency scenes, within the established RES guidelines.
• Take direction from operations officers in matters pertaining to fire and medical.
• Take direction from officers where required in matters pertaining to training and prevention.
• Perform routine duties related to shift operations in areas such as apparatus/equipment maintenance, reports, station maintenance, etc.
• Work collaboratively within a team environment.
• Assist the department in public education, the promotion of fire safety, fire prevention, and public relations.
• Attend training courses as necessary to facilitate progression to First Class Firefighter.
• Perform basic administrative functions.
• Perform such tasks as necessary to support and maintain continuity of the Regional Fire Service.
• Understand and support the Corporate Mission, Vision and Value statements.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
• NFPA 1001 Level I and II is preferred.
• Current Alberta College of Paramedics Primary Care Paramedic (PCP) or Advanced Care Paramedic (ACP) Licence is required.
• Valid Basic Cardiac Life Support (CPR) certification.
• Valid Class Four (4) Alberta driver's license with “Q” Endorsement is required.
• Valid Class Three (3) Alberta driver’s license (with "Q" endorsement) or equivalent out of province is an asset.
• Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector is required for review and acceptance.
Candidates will be contacted regarding the details of the testing and interview process. An outline of the testing procedures can be found on our website: www.rmwb.ca
$43.91 per hour (Firefighter/PCP probation)
$46.66 per hour (Firefighter/PCP after probation)
$47.21 per hour (Firefighter/ACP probation)
$48.30 per hour (Firefighter/ACP after probation )
*All IAFF job rates are currently being finalized and subject to change.
(Candidates registered through the Alberta College of Paramedics as a Primary Care Paramedic (PCP) or Advanced Care Paramedic (ACP) are eligible for additional education pay).
In addition to the rate of pay, we offer other attractive incentives:
-an extensive employer-paid benefits plan
-an additional annual payment of $12,480 which represents a cost of living allowance
To apply: Please visit our website at www.rmwb.ca
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests