Central York 2019-2020

Pipeman38
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:27 pm

Central York 2019-2020

Postby Pipeman38 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:01 am

Central York is hiring for a class in April 2020. Application closes Dec 2, 2019.

Valid Certificates from the Ontario Fire Administration Inc. -Candidate Testing Program for Stages One, Two, and Three at the time of application; Valid Swim Test Certificate if selected for interview.

Good luck to everyone, and if anyone has more information please update us!

Application: http://www.cyfs.ca/about-us/Pages/Emplo ... ities.aspx

cj2018
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:14 am

Re: Central York 2019-2020

Postby cj2018 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:33 pm

Does CYFS operate on a 24hour shift schedule?

The job description was unclear on this, so would just like to confirm.

sparky2018
Posts: 151
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:00 pm

Re: Central York 2019-2020

Postby sparky2018 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:34 pm

cj2018 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:33 pm
Does CYFS operate on a 24hour shift schedule?

The job description was unclear on this, so would just like to confirm.
It says under job requirements “ability to work a 24-hour shift schedule”

cj2018
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:14 am

Re: Central York 2019-2020

Postby cj2018 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:15 pm

sparky2018 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:34 pm
cj2018 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:33 pm
Does CYFS operate on a 24hour shift schedule?

The job description was unclear on this, so would just like to confirm.
It says under job requirements “ability to work a 24-hour shift schedule”
I did see that, I just wasn't sure about where it said shifts that vary (days, nights etc.) if that was referring to rotating 12-hour shifts and the 24-hour shift part was referring to working doubles on occasion.

I appreciate your response, thank you!

sparky2018
Posts: 151
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:00 pm

Re: Central York 2019-2020

Postby sparky2018 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:56 am

cj2018 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:15 pm
sparky2018 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:34 pm
cj2018 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:33 pm
Does CYFS operate on a 24hour shift schedule?

The job description was unclear on this, so would just like to confirm.
It says under job requirements “ability to work a 24-hour shift schedule”
I did see that, I just wasn't sure about where it said shifts that vary (days, nights etc.) if that was referring to rotating 12-hour shifts and the 24-hour shift part was referring to working doubles on occasion.

I appreciate your response, thank you!
Ah, gotcha. I’m 99% sure they’re on 24’s, but may still be a pilot project.

Rescue78
Posts: 444
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:33 pm

Re: Central York 2019-2020

Postby Rescue78 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:20 pm

Yes. 24 hour shift.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests