Toronto 2020

TheGuy
Posts: 78
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:33 pm

Re: Toronto 2020

Postby TheGuy » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:05 am

industrialfirefighter wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:13 pm
FireCand88 wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:04 pm
I completed the medical and uniform in January for the last intake (March class) but unfortunately the class was full and I was pushed to the fall intake. Haven’t heard a word about the class yet.
Any chance you could offer any insight into the medical process ? What to expect.

Stay safe everyone, good luck !
Medicals arent an issue, as previously mentioned. Just ensure that you arent taking in too many artificial shakes or workout drinks. Can throw tests off and delay your own success.

industrialfirefighter
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:55 pm

Re: Toronto 2020

Postby industrialfirefighter » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:47 pm

TheGuy wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:05 am
industrialfirefighter wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:13 pm
FireCand88 wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:04 pm
I completed the medical and uniform in January for the last intake (March class) but unfortunately the class was full and I was pushed to the fall intake. Haven’t heard a word about the class yet.
Any chance you could offer any insight into the medical process ? What to expect.

Stay safe everyone, good luck !
Medicals arent an issue, as previously mentioned. Just ensure that you arent taking in too many artificial shakes or workout drinks. Can throw tests off and delay your own success.
Oh okay, great tip. Thank you for your reply.

bigsmoke
Posts: 358
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:33 pm

Re: Toronto 2020

Postby bigsmoke » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:18 pm

Hey All,
So the latest update. July start date is no longer. Possibly mid-August. Numbers will be dependent on the ability to run an actual recruitment including interviews, medical etc.

As usual, hang in there and keep your heads up!!!
BS

JJfire2019
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 12:15 pm

Re: Toronto 2020

Postby JJfire2019 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:57 am

Any idea when they will open the new recruitment?

bigsmoke
Posts: 358
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:33 pm

Re: Toronto 2020

Postby bigsmoke » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:53 am

JJfire2019 wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:57 am
Any idea when they will open the new recruitment?
Nothing firm. Lots of discussions. Also when provincial and city of Toronto restrictions are lifted.

Could be soon or could be later was what I was told. They are not being coy, just simply unsure during these times.

Axeman51
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:22 pm

Re: Toronto 2020

Postby Axeman51 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:39 pm

Have they entertained the idea of running a small class with whoever's on the preferred list from the spring?

bigsmoke
Posts: 358
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:33 pm

Re: Toronto 2020

Postby bigsmoke » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:45 am

Axeman51 wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:39 pm
Have they entertained the idea of running a small class with whoever's on the preferred list from the spring?
Yes, that was and might still be the plan. hoping more firm answers are coming soon.
Hang in there

industrialfirefighter
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:55 pm

Re: Toronto 2020

Postby industrialfirefighter » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:24 pm

Looks like a union email got sent out to TFS staff stating there are 48 in the class, and its set to start at the end of August - beginning of September.

Good luck guys and gals, Happy 🇨🇦 Day.

Axeman51
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:22 pm

Re: Toronto 2020

Postby Axeman51 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:44 pm

Thank you for that scoop! It's always welcomed.

industrialfirefighter
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:55 pm

Re: Toronto 2020

Postby industrialfirefighter » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:18 pm

Axeman51 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:44 pm
Thank you for that scoop! It's always welcomed.
Not easy being patient, and in the dark...trust me I know LOL.

Stay well!


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests