LONDON HIRING - starting June 15th *UPDATED*

FireHire
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 9:00 pm

LONDON HIRING - starting June 15th *UPDATED*

Postby FireHire » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:09 pm

The City of London will begin their Probationary Firefighter Recruitment on June 15th, 2020.

Please go to http://www.firehire.ca --> click on the "Current Recruitment" tab to apply (on or after June 15th, 2020). Application portal will close on July 15th, 2020 at 6:00 pm.

Minimum requirements:
Valid, DZ licence
Current First Aid certificate with CPR & AED Note: Certificates expired on or after March 1, 2020 will be considered current for the purpose of this application. Applicants will need to rectify once training courses resume.
3 year Driver's abstract from January 15, 2020 forward
CRC with VSS (will accept back to July 15, 2018) *if you don't have one or if its older than July 15, 2018, please apply online at your local Police Dept.
Physical Testing Requirements: * only York University Firefighting Physical Fitness Tests (aka Gledhill tests) will be accepted (No CPATs). We will accept previous test York University test results dating back to July 15th, 2018 as valid). If you do not have a York Physical Fitness certificate from July 15th, 2018 forward, please contact our offices at the number below and have your name added to a contact list. Should the Ontario government allow for York’s testing facility to reopen before the application deadline, we will call you immediately to advise you.

Academic Requirements: Grade 12 Diploma (will need your transcripts) or GED or equivalent +
Current IFSAC and/or ProBoard Endorsed:

NFPA 1001- Firefighter Level I
NFPA 1001, Firefighter Level II
NFPA 1072 (or 472) Hazmat Awareness
NFPA 1072 (or 472) Hazmat Operations[/indent][/indent]
Other specialty rescue certification endorsed by IFSAC or ProBoard will be considered an asset with special consideration given to Technician Level Certifications for the above.

All candidates will be taking a pre-qualifying exam. Multiple dates TBD for the end of July 2020 and into August 2020 to accommodate current COVID assembly restrictions in place at the time.

If you have any questions, email: helpdesk@firehire.ca or call 1.877.757.FIRE (3473) and a candidate support representative would be pleased to assist.

Chadbrydges1234
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 11:19 am

Re: LONDON- HIRING starting June 15th

Postby Chadbrydges1234 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:11 pm

Does london do and os and cps test.

FireHire
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 9:00 pm

Re: LONDON- HIRING starting June 15th

Postby FireHire » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:13 pm

PLEASE NOTE CHANGE to PHYSICAL TESTING REQUIREMENTS EXTENSION:
Physical Testing Requirements: * only York University Firefighting Physical Fitness Tests (aka Gledhill tests) will be accepted (No CPATs). We will accept previous test results dating back to ****NEW DATE***** JULY 15TH, 2018*****

Chadbrydges1234
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 11:19 am

Re: LONDON- HIRING starting June 15th

Postby Chadbrydges1234 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:37 pm

FireHire wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:13 pm
PLEASE NOTE CHANGE to PHYSICAL TESTING REQUIREMENTS EXTENSION:
Physical Testing Requirements: * only York University Firefighting Physical Fitness Tests (aka Gledhill tests) will be accepted (No CPATs). We will accept previous test results dating back to ****NEW DATE***** JULY 15TH, 2018*****
For the pre qualifying exams im asking about

sparky2018
Posts: 182
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:00 pm

Re: LONDON- HIRING starting June 15th

Postby sparky2018 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:44 pm

Chadbrydges1234 wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:37 pm
FireHire wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:13 pm
PLEASE NOTE CHANGE to PHYSICAL TESTING REQUIREMENTS EXTENSION:
Physical Testing Requirements: * only York University Firefighting Physical Fitness Tests (aka Gledhill tests) will be accepted (No CPATs). We will accept previous test results dating back to ****NEW DATE***** JULY 15TH, 2018*****
For the pre qualifying exams im asking about
It is not OS/CPS

Chadbrydges1234
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 11:19 am

Re: LONDON- HIRING starting June 15th

Postby Chadbrydges1234 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:48 pm

What do they do then?



uote=sparky2018 post_id=254674 time=1591983886 user_id=57716]
Chadbrydges1234 wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:37 pm
FireHire wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:13 pm
PLEASE NOTE CHANGE to PHYSICAL TESTING REQUIREMENTS EXTENSION:
Physical Testing Requirements: * only York University Firefighting Physical Fitness Tests (aka Gledhill tests) will be accepted (No CPATs). We will accept previous test results dating back to ****NEW DATE***** JULY 15TH,
For the pre qualifying exams im asking about


It is not OS/CPS

sparky2018
Posts: 182
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:00 pm

Re: LONDON- HIRING starting June 15th

Postby sparky2018 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:53 pm

Chadbrydges1234 wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:48 pm
What do they do then?



uote=sparky2018 post_id=254674 time=1591983886 user_id=57716]
Chadbrydges1234 wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:37 pm
FireHire wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:13 pm
PLEASE NOTE CHANGE to PHYSICAL TESTING REQUIREMENTS EXTENSION:
Physical Testing Requirements: * only York University Firefighting Physical Fitness Tests (aka Gledhill tests) will be accepted (No CPATs). We will accept previous test results dating back to ****NEW DATE***** JULY 15TH,
For the pre qualifying exams im asking about


It is not OS/CPS


Video exam followed by some simple mechanical aptitude, reading comprehension and math questions

Pompier27
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:35 pm

Re: LONDON- HIRING starting June 15th

Postby Pompier27 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:21 pm

I have a valid CPAT, but any info on how/where I can do the York test?

sparky2018
Posts: 182
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:00 pm

Re: LONDON- HIRING starting June 15th

Postby sparky2018 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:57 am

Pompier27 wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:21 pm
I have a valid CPAT, but any info on how/where I can do the York test?
They’re not accepting CPAT’s, and you need to have a York test completed within the past year and a half. I don’t believe they’re booking York tests other than for specific recruitments at request of the city, but email fityork@yorku.ca and ask.

MattF
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:33 pm

Re: LONDON- HIRING starting June 15th

Postby MattF » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:29 pm

sparky2018 wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:53 pm
Chadbrydges1234 wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:48 pm
What do they do then?



uote=sparky2018 post_id=254674 time=1591983886 user_id=57716]
Chadbrydges1234 wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:37 pm


It is not OS/CPS
Video exam followed by some simple mechanical aptitude, reading comprehension and math questions

What’s a video exam? That one is new to me.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests