Still PCP jobs in Alberta

rorycassidy13

Still PCP jobs in Alberta

Postby rorycassidy13 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:44 pm

I am a new graduate paramedic and have just received my PCP license to work in nova scotia. I have wanted to go work as an industrial paramedic in Alberta for a while now but people have been telling me that there are not many jobs out there now. Is it worth me paying the 700$ fee to register with the Alberta college of paramedics? Or are there no jobs out there anymore for rookie medics?

Adam82

Postby Adam82 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:42 pm

[quote=""rorycassidy13""]I am a new graduate paramedic and have just received my PCP license to work in nova scotia. I have wanted to go work as an industrial paramedic in Alberta for a while now but people have been telling me that there are not many jobs out there now. Is it worth me paying the 700$ fee to register with the Alberta college of paramedics? Or are there no jobs out there anymore for rookie medics?[/quote]

The people telling you there's not many jobs out there are correct. Oil has plunged. Unemployment has doubled. Even experienced oil rig EMT's are having trouble finding work. I would stay far, far away from Alberta. I imagine that's probably not what you want to hear but it's the sad truth. I know a few other people in the same boat as you who just finished their PCP programs and had grandiose plans to go to Alberta as soon as they got their license and make big bucks. Unfortunately until oil goes back up those days are over.