DZ licence in a Fire Truck

Anything and everything Firehall.com related. Submit your comments here...
911Responder

Fire truck training @ Modern training

Postby 911Responder » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:36 pm

I just wanted to thank Godspeed and some of the other posters
that recommended the DZ course at modern training. As you
mentioned the classroom instructor and apparatus trainer
were awesome. The expierience of driving a fire truck in city limits and
as well as on the Qew was better than a ride at Wonderland.
I entered this program with little mechanical knowledge and the fear of
not passing. I managed to score 18/20 on my air brake exam at the school
after an indepth air brake course and achieved no errors on the final MTO driving
test. My daily driver is a Pontiac Vibe and I was able to navigate the firetruck
through town as if in my car at the conclusion of this course......

Cant say enough but will highly recommended !!!!

Oh ya sorry the written test had 40 questions.... 20 on signs and 20 truck related multiple choice
from MTO truck handbook....fairly easy !

ksimpson

Get your DZ easy

Postby ksimpson » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:49 pm

I found this the cheapest way to get my DZ, my friend helped told me about it and it was about $775 all in.

1) Go do your Z Endorsement Course, I did mine at Durham college, it was a 2 day weekend thing, they give you the MTO written test and practical and you leave with your Z Endorsement.

2) Get a medical from your doctor. Book this early as it may take time to get in. If you don't have good vision like I didn't, make sure your glasses/contact lenses are up to snuff.

3) Go to the MTO with your medical, and Z Endorsement package, and write your D test. I read the book through once. There are 20 sign questions and 20 situational questions.

4) Book your road test with them after passing your written.

5) I used Ryder on Wentworth in Oshawa and booked the 26ft Straight Truck, which is legit for the roadtest, as you can rent it with a G licence.

6) Then I got the truck the night before and drove it around a little to get the hang of it, and then I called these guys that do a 'once over' to go through everything that you will be asked and need to show the MTO person. It was $40 to go through the pre-inspection/circle check and another $20 to take you on the route that the MTO takes you. They even give you a 2nd consultation free if you don't pass your first attempt which I thought was pretty sweet. They don't have a website but the guy I had was super professional, he met me close to my house, the email is [email protected] or 905-439-0097

Hope this helps everyone.
Kyle

Safelane

Friendly DZ licence training in a fire truck.

Postby Safelane » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:17 pm

Thank you Lights and Siren, and Masterstream91 for your nice comments.
Chris Lane here from Safelane Fire Truck Driver Training. I see there is a bit of a heated conversation here between firetechevt and lightsandsiren. I'll let you two fight it out while I offer anyone to come to me for their DZ licence in the truck.
Why would you come to me?
- One on one training and you schedule the lessons
- Total 10 hours out of your life including the road test (ask me how we do this on my site)
- One stop shop for your Red Cross standard first aid cpr/aed level HCP ceretification and NFPA auto extrication courses of operation and technition
- We offer a group rate in the fire truck
- We give discounts to multiple courses
- Always imporving our service to better serve you
Wait till you see what is coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hope to see you in the truck soon!
Chris
safelane.ca
safelanecpr.ca

LTES40

Postby LTES40 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:17 pm

Our department does all of our training in house. Did my AirBrakes course a couple of weekends ago and should be starting driver training soon. The department looks after all training and testing, so that's one less expence that we don't have to worry about.

BrianH

Postby BrianH » Thu May 01, 2014 12:43 pm

The closest and with good training is Pine Valley Driving Academy in Toronto, ON. Me and my budds from Seneca really enjoyed our training with the instructor Naeem, and you get your lessons in a Fire Truck.

Nadia5531

DZ License in Fire Truck in GTA

Postby Nadia5531 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:25 am

I discovered another school, Pine Valley Driving Academy, in GTA teaching DZ license in Fire Truck and was very much pleased. Instructor Naeem is very knowledgeable and friendly. The rate is quite reasonable for DZ only $599. He teaches D and Z one to one which is the best part and not in groups.

MikeShawn

DZ License in Fire Truck

Postby MikeShawn » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:37 pm

I was skeptical at first but my learning experience with Pine Valley Driving Academy was great. Passed the first time... yay! and he taught me Air Brakes one to one, unlike my friends that learned in big groups. Pricing is very reasonable, would recommend to all

infernobuster

Postby infernobuster » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:55 pm

Ontario Truck Training Academy offers a fire fighter rate on your DZ as well.

Thats where i got mine from ..
All men are created equal, a few become fire fighters.

JamesElia

DZ License

Postby JamesElia » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:06 am

I just completed my DZ license with Pine Valley Driving Academy through Seneca College. Reasonable cost, one to one lessons, best part in Toronto and provide DZ on a Fire Truck. Really enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.