Hurst Battery Op Tools

RIT, Hazmat, Auto-Ex, High Angle and Ropes, Ice/ Water, Confined Spaces, Search & Rescue
Gifix

Hurst Battery Op Tools

Postby Gifix » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:15 am

Anybody have experience with these? I believe Toronto might be using them on some rigs?
Any thoughts? Weak points?

telesquirt

Postby telesquirt » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:29 pm

They are awesome! we run a combo set on our rescue and our front-line pump. Fast to get into action for things like vehicle fires for access under the hood or trunk.
I even forced a metal security door that was hard to get to with the irons on a VSA med call with the set on the pump.
During some training we got through an entire car ( all 4 doors and roof removal) and got the drivers door off on a second car before the first battery lost power.
The set on the rescue is used initially to remove doors and while that's happening someone will be setting the hydraulic set up to use mainly for the cutters.
I am happy with them. :adore: :adore:
"This is my swing set, and this is my sandbox. Thats where I saw the Leprechaun........ He tells me to burn things."

---Ralphie Wiggums

Gifix

Postby Gifix » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:36 pm

[quote=""telesquirt""]They are awesome! we run a combo set on our rescue and our front-line pump. Fast to get into action for things like vehicle fires for access under the hood or trunk.
I even forced a metal security door that was hard to get to with the irons on a VSA med call with the set on the pump.
During some training we got through an entire car ( all 4 doors and roof removal) and got the drivers door off on a second car before the first battery lost power.
The set on the rescue is used initially to remove doors and while that's happening someone will be setting the hydraulic set up to use mainly for the cutters.
I am happy with them. :adore: :adore: [/quote]

Thanks for the info...sounds like we will be demoing some shortly....unfortunately they are going to replace the on board hydaulics....sounds like having both is a better setup.

Pett

Postby Pett » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:32 pm

We demoed these on our heavy rescue. I would have no problem replacing our wired tools with these. They come with multiple batteries and a wired battery as well.
They are fast and have excellent tips. Especially on the spreaders.

Hacienda216

Postby Hacienda216 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:37 am

We broke 2 spreader tips when ours were new but I'm convinced that was operator error. We run a cutter, spreader, ram and everyone loves them. Run time is about 30 mins of CONTINUOUS use and charge time is about 30 mins. So we have 3 tools, 6 batteries and the 120V power cord adapter.

We recently worked a fatal and did some cutting and spreading in about -30*C temps. Tools worked fine and did their job but when we were done and putting back in service, we noticed the spreader wouldn't hold pressure on the squeeze function. Evidently we lost a valve at some point. Coulda been the cold, coulda happened to a hosed tool just the same...whatever. I'm not bitter about it, just thought I'd throw it out there.

Not withstanding that fact, I would recommend them 10 times out of 10 until I start to see actual, consistent problems. The nicest advantage of these tools, aside from the speed and ease with which you can put them in service, is the quiet. No noise until you're spreading or cutting, and even then, they're pretty quiet. It makes communicating on the scene so much easier. It probably doesn't seem like a big deal, but when you're working a scene and you can stop and just have a conversation with the crews, its a very nice bonus.

SchickJ

Postby SchickJ » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:16 am

We run this E-Draulics on our Front line pumper, they work amazing. We replaced the old hydraulic lined ones with this and I have no complaints with them.