New Rope

RIT, Hazmat, Auto-Ex, High Angle and Ropes, Ice/ Water, Confined Spaces, Search & Rescue
DeltaWhiskey

New Rope

Postby DeltaWhiskey » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:36 pm

Hello brothers/sisters,
I am a firefighter in Northern Alberta and I have been tasked with upgrading some technical rescue equipment. I am interested in buying some new rope, both life safety and utility and I have been looking at some 13mm KMIII by New England Rope. Does anyone have any reviews for this rope? Any thoughts? What does your department use?

Roadwarrior

Postby Roadwarrior » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:06 pm

You may also want to check this out from a small Ontario company.
http://www.espritropes.com/tech.htm
Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

LTPVFD

Rescue Rope

Postby LTPVFD » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:37 pm

Most of our rope is CMC static line.

We also have some New England KMIII as well.

No issues with either brand of rope.

Stay safe !!

LTPVFD :)
Safety First - EVERYONE Goes Home !!

ThomasDeCew

Ropes

Postby ThomasDeCew » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:19 pm

The biggest player in the Rope Access and Rescue world would be Sterling Ropes.
I trialed 5 manufacturers of ropes a few years ago to determine the best for our needs - work and rescue at heights and we found Sterling was the best for all conditions from industrial to cliffs, from wet and icy to muddy and grit covered.

You should be able to get a sample of each you are looking for, ask the manufacturer for 20' to play with, its long enough to put through some abuse to make an educated decision before spending allot of money.

FireMedic3674

Postby FireMedic3674 » Tue May 05, 2015 12:24 pm

Dynamic Rescue Systems in Coquitlam is Canadas largest dealer for New England ropes. Give them a call. 604-522-0228.

EGrootendorst

Postby EGrootendorst » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:10 pm

New England rope and cordage is very good, among the best. x2 on Dynamic out of Coquitlam, they are a good supplier and a wealth of knowledge when it comes to equipment.

LTPVFD

Dynamic Rescue Systems for Training and Ropes

Postby LTPVFD » Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:12 pm

We used Dynamic Rescue Systems to train a bunch of our members in low slope, confined space, and high angle last year. Very good training and very knowledgeable instructors.

We just replaced all of our rope, webbing, and cordage, and Dynamic was the supplier. I believe all of our ropes are now New England. Dynamic will also be supplying some hardware for us in the new year.

Stay safe !!

LTPVFD
Safety First - EVERYONE Goes Home !!